PDA

View Full Version : Ongame tourney buy-in not recognized

biggdogg
04-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Since yesterday, tourney buy-ins for imported SnG hand histories are not recognized anymore. I think there was a software update from Ongame.

eurythmech
04-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah, it's super weird.

It worked fine for me yesterday, but today's not. I found no tournaments at first, but then changed the buy-in filter, and it showed me 12 $11 SnGs (I knew I had played ~25 SnGs, none of them $11 buy-in). So I went to the data view tab, and saw 29 tournaments, all listed as $11, and many listed as incomplete. I assume the ones "incomplete" are the ones I cashed in.

I first tried in and older version, but am now running 1.10.04b.

netsrak
04-17-2010, 07:43 AM
11$ is our default buyin - you can configure it under options->change tourney default buyin.

For a fix please zip and mail the original handhistory files with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net

eurythmech
04-19-2010, 12:15 PM
How is this taking you so long?

biggdogg
04-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I have sent some handhistorys to support today. I hope you can solve this. Sucks to correct the different buyins manually all the time.

eurythmech
04-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Yeah I sent mine on Saturday.

Basqualone
04-20-2010, 06:37 AM
I have the same problem too and a lot of torunament was imported in incompleted way.

morny
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Ongame didnt used to post the the buyin amount in the hand history until very recently, this meant we had no way of determining the buyin so we created an option in Options Menu > Change Default Tournie Buyin and you can specify what it should set the buyin to.

However in a very recent update they started including the buyin information so well need to make an update and it will automatically pickup the correct buyin in future updates and this also caused a problem registering tournaments as incomplete, please keep an eye on the releases forum for when the update is released but i currently dont have an ETA

eurythmech
04-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Will do.

But I will need to keep my hand histories from these past few days, and later purge them from the database, and then re-import, to get things right in the end?

morny
04-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Yeah you'll most likely need to delete the hands and reimport the hand histories.

eurythmech
04-27-2010, 02:52 AM
Yes, my bad. I was supposed to post here. I'm surprised that this is taking over a week to correct.

eurythmech
04-27-2010, 01:37 PM
I mean, I did after all pay what $99? for this software, and now HEM has been unable to detect finishing positions of Ongame SnGs for twelve days. I'd appreciate it if we'd be let know if this somehow is a problematic fix to accomplish.

morny
04-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Sorry for the delay, unfortunately its not as simple as finding 1 bug and releasing an update, several developers are working on several bugs and features so everything has to be merged together and there is a lot going on behind the scenes that i wont bore you with including internal testing etc so it can take some time to put a new build together and get it released. If we were to release a new version 1 bug at a time we'd be still on 1.06:D

Anyway i can understand your frustration and we should have a fix soon

eurythmech
04-28-2010, 01:52 AM
It's a lot easier to cope with the frustration with this additional info. Most of these problems are related to simple changes in the hh-format and easily fixed. So that's what I thought at first.

Thank you for the reply.

pokernoob
04-28-2010, 07:31 PM
too bad. I guess Ill have to wait :)

kefir
05-02-2010, 05:12 PM
we are still waiting.

pokernoob
05-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Sorry for the delay, unfortunately its not as simple as finding 1 bug and releasing an update, several developers are working on several bugs and features so everything has to be merged together and there is a lot going on behind the scenes that i wont bore you with including internal testing etc so it can take some time to put a new build together and get it released. If we were to release a new version 1 bug at a time we'd be still on 1.06:D

Anyway i can understand your frustration and we should have a fix soon

once the patch is released, if we reimport the hand histories, is it going to update the buy-ins and win/loss correctly?

eurythmech
05-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Would you guys mind saying what the cause of the problem is? Do I need to get PT3?

kefir
05-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Would you guys mind saying what the cause of the problem is? Do I need to get PT3?

lazy programmers not able to release a hot fix is a cause of problem, imo.

pokernoob
05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
for a really important update its sure taking a long time.
I dont mind if the issue is an unimportant stat, but this problem involves buy-ins/ win loss issues.

eurythmech
05-07-2010, 06:29 AM
3 weeks now. Perhaps if the person "working" on this could come and explain the hold-up?

High
05-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Probably nobody deals with a problem ongame - it is not necessary to anybody.:mad:

morny
05-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Im checking on this now for you and ill let you know the status later

pokernoob
05-10-2010, 06:58 PM
is 1.11 supposed to resolve this?
or were bound to wait for months for a major fix?

morny
05-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Yes it now recongises the buyins for Ongame in 1.11, youll need to delete and reimport the old hands though

pokernoob
05-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Yes it now recongises the buyins for Ongame in 1.11, youll need to delete and reimport the old hands though

how do I reimport the tourney results? I reimported the old hand history files and nothing changed.

Do I have to delete all tourneys and reimport the old files?

High
05-11-2010, 04:27 AM
All the same, all tournaments get in not completed. Have solved nothing of any problems except for display bay-in.

kefir
05-11-2010, 04:32 AM
HEM displays my sng tournaments correctly now. Had to delete old tournaments and reimport over 100k hands thou.

Dornz
05-11-2010, 02:21 PM

Just got the update and deleted the old files from my computer and made a reimport. It seems like nothing happend. Did i do anything wrong?

eurythmech
05-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Hmm, conflicting results worry me. Hopefully I'll have luck when I try this.

eurythmech
05-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Okay, I purged all the hands from the last week. I even vacuumed the database (not sure if this should help), but the tournament results are still there. Is this supposed to happen?

I then re-imported the hands for one of the days - nothing changed.

How did you do it kefir?

edit: Not even the buy-in displayed correctly for me.

pokernoob
05-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Okay, I purged all the hands from the last week. I even vacuumed the database (not sure if this should help), but the tournament results are still there. Is this supposed to happen?

I then re-imported the hands for one of the days - nothing changed.

How did you do it kefir?

edit: Not even the buy-in displayed correctly for me.

here's what I did.

tourney results > filter to affected dates, refresh
click data view > select all tournaments and delete it, make sure you have 100% HH as backup

reimport backup histories. this will update the buyins

eurythmech
05-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Okay, thanks. I did not know that they could be deleted from the data view.

I have a problem now. Here's a summary of all I have done tonight:

Purged all hands from May 5th and onwards. Re-imported hands from 5/5. Removed all tournaments in the data view, from 5/5 and onwards. Tried to import hands from 5/5. HEM won't recognize there being hands in that folder.

So how do I fix this? It says it finds 0 files to import.

Also, the problems are far from fixed. HEM now detects the buy-in, but can't decide whether I cashed or not. Is it safe to assume I cashed if HEM has the tourney as DNF?

morny
05-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi,

If you tried to import the same files from the same folder previously HM will ignore them, try moving the files to a new folder and reimport them

For anyone still having issues with the new version email hh and detail the problems to support@holdemmanager.com and well look into it

eurythmech
05-12-2010, 02:06 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot that's what I have to do.

Also, the problem with tournaments being listed as incomplete is nothing new. I pointed it out in the second post of the thread. I guess that's another month of waiting :S

morny
05-12-2010, 01:04 PM
The samples we got about the incomplete tournaments actually turned out to be incomplete hand histories, when we looked at the hand histories there wasnt full hand histories. If you send more that are showing as incomplete but are actually complete ill forward it to the developers with high priority but we can only work from the samples we get and unfortunately the ones we got that were wrote for the bug report turned out to be actual incomplete hand histories.

It may possibly be a problem on Ongames end where there missing a hand or two, hard to tell without seeing more hands, so the best thing to do is for anyone with the incomplete problem send the hand historys with this subject:

Ongame Incomplete Tourneys ATT: Morny

Since the email system is ticket based these will all get forwarded to me and then ill have a bigger sample to write a bug report and i can get to the bottom of this as quick as possible

eurythmech
05-14-2010, 11:50 AM
k, I'll send today's play history tomorrow.

kefir
05-15-2010, 05:27 AM
The graphs for reimported period are bugged, HEM shows no difference between winnings and EV for that month u where making a patch.

fozzy71
05-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Anyone with this problem:

Please make sure your auto import folders are properly configured:

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Ongame - BWIN Setup (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/13/Ongame+-+BWIN+Setup)

Uncheck "Import from Subfolders" in the auto-import settings.

Move the files in the handhistory folder to your \hmarchive folder and import them via import file or import from folder.

Try a new session with auto-import. A new handhistory file should be generated.

We received some log files from someone, instead of HH. This is probably caused by selecting the poker client folder name folder, instead of the \history folder within it.

High
05-16-2010, 03:13 AM
http://clip2net.com/clip/m9300/thumb640/1273993908-clip-43kb.png (http://clip2net.com/page/m9300/5815991)

wtf ? It proceeds 2 months, tournaments look as not completed.

eurythmech
05-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Okay, I've changed from "...sitename" + subfolders to "...sitename\handhistory" and no subfolders. Is this very important?

I also just sent history from May 14th.