PDA

View Full Version : Fixing currencies too slowly

gring000h
04-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Correcting the currencies for all the hands in my database is going very slowly. HEM has been running for over 14 hours and only 157400 hands have been fixed out of 489000 hands processed. That's 580 hands processed per minute, way less than the 5000 hands/minute it 'typically' takes.

At this rate it could take days for HEM to finish. Is there maybe something I can do to speed up the process? Or can I maybe pause it during the day and let it run overnight?

I have my database on an external hard drive, which is connected via USB. Could that be causing the slow process rate, or might there be some other reason?

netsrak
04-16-2010, 10:00 AM
A database on a USB drive might be slower than on an internal hdd.

Please see our performance tips: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Performance & Speed Tweaks (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/373/Holdem+Manager+Performance+%26+Speed+Tweaks)

gring000h
04-16-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm afraid to abort the process of fixing the currencies while it's still running as I'm assuming that won't be a smart thing to do. Do I have any option other than just waiting for it to finish, however long it may take?

morny
04-16-2010, 01:32 PM
As you suspect forcing it to stop may have adverse affects however at some stage you may have no other choice but id try and wait as long as possible