PDA

View Full Version : Does HEM use less ressources then Poker Tracker

standard
04-15-2010, 05:27 AM
I allready own PT3 and experience a few problems lately when it is running. Since a few month i cant play at ongame anymore, because PT3 and ongame uses so many resources that my computer cant handle it anymore. Yesterday I experiences something similiar at stars which lead me to the conclusion that the problem is more PT3 then stars because of stars simply/smooth running software.
At ongame I usually 12 table ... at stars its 15.

Now my question is if it would make sense to switch to HEM if their importing of hands takes less ressources.
I have a Dell XPS 1530 notebook that is about 2 years old by now. It has an Intel Core Duo CPU T250. 2GB RAM.

I am pretty much a computernoob. Therefore I wouldnt be suprised if i am missing some important info here or interpret things wrong. Your help will be highly appreciated.

netsrak
04-15-2010, 06:06 AM
I don't think HEM in general uses less ressources. Its faster in some situations but slower in other ones.

As both programs use a postgresql database they have the same limitations with bigger databases. So you should maintain your database regularly.

I suggest you use the HEM trial, fill a new database with hands and give it a try.

standard
04-15-2010, 06:15 AM
thanks for the quick reply and the honest answer...

... so it basically comes down to the fact that both programs use Postgresql? Does the size of the database matter at all?

morny
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Size matters somewhat, if you have a really big database you should regularly tune postgreSQL by doing vacuums and reindexing, it wont affect the speed of the hud or the speed of HM in general although as the database increases in size the import speed usually drops a bit