PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Party import

ursine cotcher
04-13-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm running a fairly new install of win7 and have the latest 1.10.04b update. My db is therefore also relatively new and i maintain it every couple of weeks anyway.

When I'm playing on party it seems to not import some hands where I get stacked, and imports a large proportion of the rest of my hands twice, as shown here:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8745/watq.jpg

As nice as it is to be told that I'm up 10x as much as I am, I'd prefer it to be accurate.

Everything is being run as admin and this is a relatively new issue - I did not have it about 3 weeks ago and it has been getting steadily worse, to the degree you can see above.

Patvs
04-13-2010, 06:28 PM
You never restored a .backup file in pgadminIII? (that usually causes the duplicate hands)

You really should create a NEW database and reimport everything.
The duplicate hands are a corruption in one of the indexes.

ursine cotcher
04-14-2010, 04:50 AM
nope, when i build new dbs i extract all hands from the previous db and import them fresh

am doing this again now with a new db, but the 'old' db is less than a month old so i'm confused as to why this would happen, and recreating such a large db takes some time....

ursine cotcher
04-14-2010, 07:36 AM
also is there an option anywhere to limit the size of the export files?

some files come out as being just a couple of mb, whereas others are up around 200mb and these take a disproportionately long time to import

because of this i'm having to manually import folders of smaller numbers of export files, which is quite frustrating as it means i have to sit at home and keep checking on the progress

Patvs
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately no size limit to the exported files.

I always just reimport the original handhistories, since they are a lot smaller.

ursine cotcher
04-14-2010, 09:18 AM
:( unfortunately i don't have most of them

is there any plan to implement this feature in the future as i seem to remember even PT2 had it back in the day and it makes life a lot easier

morny
04-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi, you can suggest it here Suggestions Forums - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/suggestions-forums/) just read the sticky first

ursine cotcher
04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
done, thanks