PDA

View Full Version : 2 databases

sctawndawg
04-13-2010, 11:11 AM
i reinstalled postq and when i reinstalled it i did it with a diff version. when i installed it wasnt able to locate my old database. i had no idea how to find it so i just created a new database. i now have 2 databases. is there any way to combine or look at my old database? i still have the data. its in another folder.

thanks

morny
04-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Theres an easy and hard way to do this, do you have your archived hands? If so just create a new database and import the archived folder and it should recover all your hands?

If not let me know and ill give you instructions on the other way to try and recover although its not always successful

sctawndawg
04-13-2010, 06:25 PM
like archived hand history? no i dont.. all i have is a folder that says data that is 2 gigabytes size so im assuming thats my old data .

another problem i have is that when i made my new database .. its not showing my cashes in the tournaments. i finished ITM in 5 tournaments but the graphs shows that i busted and no money.. any idea?

morny
04-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Whats the folder called? Is there a data folder somewhere in there?

you mentioned you imported tournaments? Were those archived hands or hands you played since? Youll probably need to import summaries to update the tournament results, what site is it on, not all sites do summaries so you may need to manually edit it

sctawndawg
04-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Whats the folder called? Is there a data folder somewhere in there?

you mentioned you imported tournaments? Were those archived hands or hands you played since? Youll probably need to import summaries to update the tournament results, what site is it on, not all sites do summaries so you may need to manually edit it

Right now when i go into postgressql i have 2 folders.

8.3 = new folder

8.3-prev-2010-05-Jan-18-53-18 = old folder

when i go to both folders they both have a folder with data in it.

i imported hands that i had played since. when i reinstalled postsql i had about 300 tournaments that i had played in my hand history in pokerstars. i imported those and those are now in my 8.3 new folder.

what i want is to combine the 8.3 new and 8.3 old folder.

all on pokerstars or full tilt.

fozzy71
04-15-2010, 03:29 PM
You need to export/backup your new DB:

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstalling on a new PC - Backup Tips (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips)

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For reinstalling SQL to the same DB, follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) If you are moving the DB to a different drive/partition, manually cut or copy the \Postgresql\8.x\data directory to it's new location. (delete your new \8.3 folder and rename your previous 8.3 folder).
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL as your current DB using these instructions - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)
6) If you have moved/installed your DB to a non-default location, please make sure to change the 'Data Directory' path during the installation.

sctawndawg
04-17-2010, 04:50 AM
thank you.