PDA

View Full Version : Will PostGre SQL version 8.2 work on latest HEM version and beta

TURKEY
04-13-2010, 12:18 AM
I currently am using postgre sql version 8.2. I am using the previous version of HEM. If I update to the newest version of HEM, 1.10.04b, will my set up with the older version of postgre sql 8.2 still work or will it be necessary to install a more recent version (8.3 or 8.4)

Thanks

netsrak
04-13-2010, 03:35 AM
In general it should work but i remember some export problems with older postgresql versions.

Please make a database backup before updating

TURKEY
04-13-2010, 10:47 PM
I am not sure if you are saying that it is perfectly safe to update or if there is a risk of a problem that the HUD won't work properly. If there is a risk, I think I will stick with my current beta as long as I can. I won't be able to play on stars, but I don't play much there, so I will wait, and maybe ask for more details when I have to or want to update.

morny
04-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Generally if you dont have issues no need to update although 8.2 is quite old, sometimes the upgrades dont go well so if you do it export your hands so if worst comes to worst you can just reimport the exported hands into a new database