PDA

View Full Version : Move Database

HMaddicted
04-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Hello,

Ok, i wanna move my Database from C: to E: . So i follow this instructions:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Move Database to Another Hard Drive or Partition (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/Move+Database+to+Another+Hard+Drive+or+Partition)

But now, postgresql doesn`t work anymore. When i have to close down the PostgreSQL service, there were 2 options: Stop (german: anhalten) and end (german: beenden). To stop doesnt work, so i choose the option to end the service.

After everything was done i try to restart the service but that not works.
Status says: will be started, but after a short time an error message occurs.

What can i do? Where can be the mistake?

Please help me! I need my HM ;)

Thank you in advance.

morny
04-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Try right clicking the data folder on the new drive, choose properties and there should be a security/permissions TAB, edit all the users to have full permission and then try rebooting the PC and see if it reconnects

HMaddicted
04-13-2010, 04:20 AM
No the settings in properties are ok.
I thought i found the mistake. For some reason the quotes after ...._ctl.exe in the image path were absent. - But now another error message occurs when i try to restart postgreSQL:

Error 123 The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

:confused:

thx again

morny
04-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey,

Sounds like the path you wrote was not correct. Recheck the path and make sure all the spelling is correct and that all the correct \ etc are in place

HMaddicted
04-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey morny,

i thought so too. But i cant detect anything wrong. Thats my image path:

C:\Programme\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -w -N "pgsql-8.3" -D "E:\Programme\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"

....and i tried it with \ after data at the end (...data\)
Imo there are some contradictory Instructions in the FAQ:

1. they say: "..Then create the following folders in the external hard drive. Program Files and inside that folder create a PostgreSQL folder and inside that create a data folder. So if your external hard drive is on the I drive you would have created a path I:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data"

But later on they say the path is : "E:\Programme\PostgreSQL\8.3\data" (Screen)
:confused: (I thought the author just had forgotten)

2. They say : " As you can see for location it shows the actual path, in my case its the I drive but yours might be different so just copy and paste it. If i was creating the key based on that screenshot my old key would be:......
And i should change it to this:
"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -w -N "pgsql-8.3" -D "I:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\"
"

---> But when i do copy and paste it (like the screen also shows) then there will not be a \ at the end of data :confused:

???

morny
04-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi,

Please email me and we can do a teamviewer session, just download teamviewer from TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet (http://www.teamviewer.com) and let me know a suitable time GMT in advance. Teamviewer allows me to access your computer to fix the problem.

When we agree a suitable time you just need to send me the ID and password that Teamviewer creates to get access to your PC

support@holdemmanager.com

Thanks
Morny