PDA

View Full Version : Bug with effective stack size

rendalli
04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Hi,

I tried to generate a report based on effective stacksizes for HU Tourneys and as I was testing it, I think I discovered a bug:

If you filter on stacksizes, the hands where villain openfolded are missing. The hands where hero openfolded are there (and the effective stacksizes are correct for these hands).

In my report, the expression "PHMISC.EffectiveStackSize / 1.0 / BigBlind" seemed to give 0 for all hands, where villain openfolded.
The same if I try to do it via "Tourney"->"Report"->"Filter". If I put there "effective stack size less than 10bb", it gives me the hands where the stacksize was less than 10bb, but the ones where villain openfolded are missing.

(An easy test is to put in "effective Stacksize bigger than 0" and you will see that all the hands where villain openfolded dissapear).

I tested this with HUSNG hands (FullTilt and Cake).

Sorry if you are already aware of this bug and for my english.

morny
04-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Thanks ill try and recreate this problem and send it to the developers

rendalli
07-27-2010, 03:41 AM
Hi,

the bug I described there is now halfway fixed thx.

What I mean by halfway is this:

1) If you do "Tourney"->"Report"->"Filter" and put the Filter manualy ("effective stack size less than 10bb") then it works fine.

2) If you do a custom Report the problem is still there. So basically the databasefield PHMISC.EffectiveStackSize is wrong (0 or Null) for all hands where hero is BB and all villains openfold.

Maybe I have to take a different field than PHMISC.EffectiveStackSize? It has to be possible to do with a custon report, because it works fine with the manual filter somehow...

rendalli
07-27-2010, 04:09 AM
Just made another test and realized that the filter "Effective Stacksize" still doesn't work correctly. The hands where all villains openfold are just ignored.

This is obv. very bad, because the customer gets the impression of a filter that is working but the results are completely nonsense. For example in HU, its a very bad idea to ignore all hands where villain openfolds but count those where here openfolds because heros stats will (wrongly) look terrible that way.

morny
07-27-2010, 08:50 PM
ok ill take a look at whats causing the issue and forward the information to the developers, i can understand its quite frustrating when the filters dont work as they should so hopefully well get to the bottom of it soon

mgl
12-28-2010, 10:13 AM
BUMP.
It been this way for ages. PLEASE just fix it ASAP, its really really frustating that one of the most important aspects of a HU SNG game is impossible to analyze in HEM right now. And i dont want to buy crappy poker tracker 3 just to get this basic functionality.

Also i would like a report like the "stack size" report but with effective stacks instead.

Btw, why is there even a "stack size" stat? Isnt effective stack always the one you care about?

sawwee
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
I fully agree. This bug should be solved ASAP. HM is absolutely useless for HU players without solving this issue.

sawwee
02-15-2011, 02:53 PM
It is still not solved. When will you fix this bug finally?

vovjkee
08-21-2012, 04:24 PM
BUMP
guys the original request was a few years ago. do something pls

Patvs
08-21-2012, 06:54 PM
I couldn't find any effective stack size HM1 bug ticket, so either the ticket was lost in 2011 when we changed to a new ticketsystem, or it was never written up in the old system to begin with.

It's currently unlikely this will still be fixed for HM1, as only major bugs (preventing importing hands / the HUD not appearing) are fixed for HM1.

sawwee
08-23-2012, 02:31 AM
I couldn't find any effective stack size HM1 bug ticket, so either the ticket was lost in 2011 when we changed to a new ticketsystem, or it was never written up in the old system to begin with.

It's currently unlikely this will still be fixed for HM1, as only major bugs (preventing importing hands / the HUD not appearing) are fixed for HM1.

This problem was reported several times in several topics from 2010. You promised several times it will be fixed. It would be very shameful if you don't fix it finally...

netsrak
08-23-2012, 04:32 AM
I'll forward it to our management.

B-Money
08-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Hi,

I’m away from home but wanted to test this. Build 1.12.10b with a 12k tourney DB. I filtered all open fold hands in my DB, then marked them for reference. Once this was completed I cleared my filters and ran some effective stack filters like post one describes in this thread.

“Easy test is to put more than 0 for Effective Stack” Yes, when I used this filter I only got back 80% of these open folded hands and I’m not sure why they didn’t all come back; however, when I changed this 0 to a 1 and ran the filter, all 55 open folded marked hands were brought back.

This appears to work properly for me minus using the greater than 0 filter.

Unfortunately all feature improvements and development are now solely focused on HM2 moving forward. If I can get a clear sample of hands for this bug we might be able to get it fixed, but as it sits right now the only bug I see here is when you use the Greater than 0 filter.

-Brent

ZaBaLaaa
09-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi,

I’m away from home but wanted to test this. Build 1.12.10b with a 12k tourney DB. I filtered all open fold hands in my DB, then marked them for reference. Once this was completed I cleared my filters and ran some effective stack filters like post one describes in this thread.

“Easy test is to put more than 0 for Effective Stack” Yes, when I used this filter I only got back 80% of these open folded hands and I’m not sure why they didn’t all come back; however, when I changed this 0 to a 1 and ran the filter, all 55 open folded marked hands were brought back.

This appears to work properly for me minus using the greater than 0 filter.

Unfortunately all feature improvements and development are now solely focused on HM2 moving forward. If I can get a clear sample of hands for this bug we might be able to get it fixed, but as it sits right now the only bug I see here is when you use the Greater than 0 filter.

-Brent

Hi, it isnt a problem only with use the Greater than 0 filter, using any filter the bug succes (in hud with tourney filter, in reports with efective stack filter and in active players windows with stack filter).

In reports, you can see like the filter delete the openfolded hands. I add a screenshoot with more than 2 , with between 5 and 500 and without filter.

ZaBaLaaa
09-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Its a very important filter for SNG and MTT players. The problem is that with the filter only include hand where the player takes part in the hand, so all vpips are 100 except BB VPIP. That you solves it is very important, SNG grinders cant use HM2 because Wizard isnt integrated and we can use HM1 because there is this bug. Then ? ? ?? Solution ?

fozzy71
09-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi, it isnt a problem only with use the Greater than 0 filter, using any filter the bug succes (in hud with tourney filter, in reports with efective stack filter and in active players windows with stack filter).

In reports, you can see like the filter delete the openfolded hands. I add a screenshoot with more than 2 , with between 5 and 500 and without filter.

All of your attachments are invalid for some reason. If you can email us the images with your hand sample we can test the hands but there isn't much I can say to this post without any images or hands.

Please zip and email the problem hand histories, and send the screen shots of the problem, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

Its a very important filter for SNG and MTT players. The problem is that with the filter only include hand where the player takes part in the hand, so all vpips are 100 except BB VPIP. That you solves it is very important, SNG grinders cant use HM2 because Wizard isnt integrated and we can use HM1 because there is this bug. Then ? ? ?? Solution ?

It is integrated but it is still in alpha stage of development so it is not available to all users currently. If you would like to help test the alpha release of SW2, please send an email to support@sngwiz.com.