PDA

View Full Version : Question related to notbook system req.

ve2yr
04-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Hello. At the beginning I would like to sorry for all mistakes but I am still learning and improving my language skills.

I would like to ask you if you could estimate how many tables can possibly run this netbook(at one time, for example for pokerstars room) including of course hold'em manager.

Here are the system spec.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=sZ0sI6WqjnCHGFta)
The 3GB ram version.

Which system is better for HM? Xp or Win 7?

Thank you for your reply!
Paul

_Loki_
04-11-2010, 03:59 PM
QUESTION: Don't you think an SSD is perfect for a little machine ? If I bought this today I would be regretting it next year "why didn't I wait for cheap SSD netbook?"

I say buy something cheap & used now & look again in 12 months

################################################
ASUS: you will have no trouble with multi-table PS poker on this - I don't really think it's a netbook though - too big

GOOD:
It will take an external monitor
HDMI connect to HDTV etc
3 x USB
Keyboard is solid - if you don't mind size

BAD:
Screen is like a mirror & also not very bright - no good in daylight (I'm guessing)
Outside is shiny plastic - this will look old quick (like rock chicks :) )
Not very tough - I would prefer metal case

OS - I use XP & I'm happy, but I know I will have to change in a year or two

ve2yr
04-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Thank you for your kind reply. If I was successful in poker I would surely sold this(did I write this conditional correctly?) and buy a better one in the next year, but I need to buy something now.. I do not like used things, this is my personal opinion, I like to spend more money to have sonething new and solid. This model is really nice because I can plug it into my 32' hdrdy tv (as you said). It also has good spec. comparing to its price. Could you guess how many tables can it handle?

_Loki_
04-11-2010, 05:29 PM
with a small DB you will be able to play as many tables as PS allows (24?)

... IF you have a good internet connection & don't do too many other things on your netbook at the same time

These are good to read Paul & can make a BIG improvement to performance:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Large Log Files (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/85/Large+Log+Files)
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Performance & Speed Tweaks (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/373/Holdem+Manager+Performance+%26+Speed+Tweaks)

Good luck

BTW the conditional is "I would surely sell this & ...", but you can speak/write 2 or more languages & I only speak one :)

ve2yr
04-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Thank you again for your reply! (: Yes, I would not run other things than poker at the same time. Thanks for all tips, they are really helpful. I love english, I am finishing high school this year and there is a possibility that I will study english philology at the warsaw university. P.S. Sorry for the mistake, I'm often forgeting the structure of conditionals but I promise you that I will repeat it. (: Have a nice day/night, and maybe expect me to come back here in future with another questions. (:

_Loki_
04-11-2010, 06:42 PM
szczęście !!

ve2yr
04-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Why are you talking about luck? Is it connected with the possibilty of studying english philology? (:
Do you know any Poles?

I am going to buy the netbook in 2 months. After my final exams I have 4 months of holidays so I will spend a lot of time at developing my pokers skills.

_Loki_
04-12-2010, 12:54 PM
I am wishing you good fortune in your future studies, but also thinking of the zbrodnia katyńska

As you know there are 100,000's of Poles in the UK - many 100's live within 2 miles of me & the Catholic church up the road is full again because of the Poles (I'm an atheist, but still it is good to see a church revived for some reason I don't understand)

When I was 6 in Catholic infant school (English Martyrs, Sparkhill, Birmingham) my best friend was a Pole we all called Richard

Here's some philology for your brain ...

I'm glad the Poles are here - they are honest & work harder than the Brits
Plus the women are careful of their appearance & have not grown fat like many many young Brit women - who drive everywhere, eat chocolate & spend their evenings as coach potatoes watching the soaps :)

ve2yr
04-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Thank you for wishes and your opinion.

We are having one week of National Mourning because of the plane crush[as you already know].

Usually Poles are judged by the stereotypes[of heavy drinkers and thieves] so it is nice to hear such friendly and gentle opinion.

I am happy to hear that you had a polish friend.

I should be modest but I have to proudly say that our girls are very pretty. It is the one of many arguments to visit Poland. (: [If you were not here before (:].

I talked with my friend and we are pleasantly surprised that it is possible to find helpful and polite persons in internet because people like you are presently very rarely met.

[trying to write as correctly as I can]

Paul (:

P.S. It is the HM forum and I do not want to irritate any admin so if you would like to message me we can use PM. (:

Greetings!

_Loki_
04-12-2010, 06:13 PM
I know this:

I should be modest but I have to proudly say that our girls are very pretty. It is the one of many arguments to visit Poland. (: [If you were not here before (:].

Polish girls (http://www.claritaslux.com/polish-girls.html)