PDA

View Full Version : 286299 Import Errors

iDonk
04-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Hey Guys

My laptop crashed, so I set up a different PC to grind. After getting my handhistory from stars, I installed holdemmanager and started a rather long import.

The import ended with 286k errors (and 90k hands in the database). The last successful hand was 1st of Feb 2010.

Do you have any idea what could have gone wrong? I'd really like to get those hands in the database!

-Ben

morny
04-11-2010, 10:25 PM
what version of HM did you import into? what type of games were they cash, tourneys etc?

iDonk
04-12-2010, 05:33 AM
I imported into the newest version (the one on the homepage)

99% of the hands are cash tables at pokerstars from 1.1.09 until now.

netsrak
04-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Reboot your computer, rename the files or move them to a different folder and try to import them in smaller portions via import file or import from folder. I suggest you start with one file for a test.

iDonk
04-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Reboot your computer, rename the files or move them to a different folder and try to import them in smaller portions via import file or import from folder. I suggest you start with one file for a test.

It's like 7 files that I got from pokerstars support and they are all massive (or at least too big to open with notepad). Are you saying I should just try one of them or should I edit it into several smaller files myself?

fozzy71
04-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Just try importing a single file. Make sure your windows regional settings are on English US for proper currency formatting. Have you created a new DB or reinstalled postgeresql completely yet, since the crash happened? First try a new DB and if you still get errors try a clean reinstall of postgresql.

If you want to try a reinstall of postgresql download outr combo installer and deselect the option to install holdem manager.

iDonk
04-12-2010, 04:30 PM
After the crash I installed Windows from scratch (before I was on linux), so everything is new, HEM and postgreSQL.

changing to US English helps somewhat, but I'm still getting a couple of thousand errors. Is there any logs that say which files don't import?

fozzy71
04-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes, in Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\Logs

If you would like to forward me the zip files I would be glad to try and import them to my test machine to see if I can duplicate your issue. Please www.7zip.org the hands and email them to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.

fozzy71
04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
They all import fine for me. 43,397 hands and no errors. See attached pic.

Make sure your windows is fully updated and make sure the regional settings are on English (US).