PDA

View Full Version : All hands in database are missing

nep808
04-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi,

I imported a session a friend sent me in the same database I have 300k hands on, then I thought it would be good to do it in a new database, so I created it and imported the session. It said 129 hands were imported but it wouldn't show any hands, player names etc, I went to my default DB to see if I could see them there, and only some hands of mine were there but more than 300K hands are missing now. What can I do to see all my hands again?

No filters are on btw.

_Loki_
04-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm using guesswork here :)

Check each DB:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Check Total Amount of Hands in Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/115/Check+Total+Amount+of+Hands+in+Database+)
That will tell you how many hands you actually have in each DB. This will be more hands than you can 'see' because it will include hands that you haven't played in

###############
The HH's your friend sent to you - most (or all) of them will not be hands that you've played in so if you have set yourself as the hero you will not 'see' the hands, but they are probably there
If your friend played in those hands he sent you then change the hero name in the HUD to his poker site player name & see what happens

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setup Hero Names (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/35/Setup+Hero+Names)
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Player Name & Alias (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/33/Player+Name+%26+Alias+)

##########
You probably haven't lost 300,00 hands - maybe you can't see them in your OLD DB, because the hero name (YOU) isn't set anymore

Let me know how you get on

nep808
04-11-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm trying to check the amount of hands is the FAQ says, but I'm having trouble here:
3. Expand the database folder and choose the applicable database (HoldemManager by default).

where can I find the database folder??

Also, when creating the new database I left default user and pass, but I'm not sure I did that when I created the DB in which I had those 300k hands. Is it possible that this created the problem?

Hero names and such are being set, when I choose my screen names it displays 16k hands and nothing else.

_Loki_
04-11-2010, 02:51 PM
You opened pgAdmin III ?

look to the top of the left pane & double-click on the red cross (the red cross is in the top pic of the faq)
to expand just click on the tree wherever there's a '+' sign - just like windows explorer

don't mess with the DB named postgres

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+%28PostgreSQL%29)

nep808
04-11-2010, 09:00 PM
I did the hands query, no database is showing more than 20k hands...

_Loki_
04-11-2010, 09:20 PM
So we know that you HAVE lost 300k hands from your DB

Are some of the lost hands ones that you have played ? or
Are all the lost ones datamined hands ?

I am wondering if you did a purge of your old DB at the time when you intended to create a new DB & lost your observed hands that way ?

If you have your 300k HH's archived I suggest you create a new DB & reimport them into it

nep808
04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
No datamined hands, they were all mine....

The only thing I did was importing the session from my friend in my default database, next thing I know is that my hero sn's are not there and after setting it it only shows a tiny fraction of my hands.

How is it possible that this happened????

Is there any chance there was some kind of trojan or sometjing like that in the file my friend sent?

_Loki_
04-11-2010, 09:51 PM
QUESTION: What is special about the 16k HH you have left ? Are they the most recent HH's for example ? Or are they from one stake or game type ? Why do you have those 16k HH's, but lost the rest ?

######################################
Do you have the 300k hands archived ? or
Do you have a backup of your DB ?
Is HM/postgreSQL working normally ?
If you go to a table do hands import & your HUD launches & shows stats on the players for whom you have got 16k hands ?

If 'yes' to all of these then I would say that postgreSQL/HM isn't broken

###########
I haven't got a clue what's happened to your HH's in the DB, but if you have some answers to my questions - maybe we can figure this out (or just fix it)

Failing all that we can wait & see what the professional support staff have to say

####################

netsrak
04-12-2010, 03:16 AM
I suggest you zip and mail the hands with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net and we take a look at it.

nep808
04-12-2010, 09:42 AM
you mean the 16k hands that I didn't lost?

_Loki_
04-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Maybe you've already emailed zipped hands to support ? If so ignore this

But, if not I suggest you send samples of these 3 types below with a note saying which is which...

** The 300k hands that you lost from the DB - IF you have them archived
** The hands that are left in the 'old' DB
** The hands your friend sent you