PDA

View Full Version : Not Responding When Opening

skobotinc1
04-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Hola,

Just installed the latest HEM version on my new computer. It is "not responding" when I try to open it, although it did open when I first DL'ed, and table manager appears to work after I close the program. ??? I have disabled UAC on Windows 7, and allowed the prescribed programs to go through firewall. I have set everything up and believe postgres is running, although it somehow created its own "USER" profile other than my own. I am running everything as system admin. Since this computer is so new, I don't want to delete a bunch of registries. Its not a performance issue (I have a brand new Qosmio X505 with 4GB ram, and an i7 quad core processor.) Also, when I did have it running, it shut down after an exception error message. Is it just me, or are there still a lot of kinks to work out in this program?

skobotinc1
04-09-2010, 11:37 PM
This happens when The small window pops up and says "initializing database," by the way.

netsrak
04-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Please check this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

skobotinc1
04-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I checked this FAQ before posting, and have no security software on this computer.

"Scroll to PostgreSQL Database Server. If it isn't started (as indicated in the status column) right click on it and choose Start. If it starts and then stops or was already started, follow the steps below:"

If it doesn't start?

skobotinc1
04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Forgot to mention; I don't see Windows Defender anywhere on here, I have allowed everything through Windows Firewall, and have had no updates since downloading.

skobotinc1
04-10-2010, 11:47 AM
One thing,
Had a problem when trying to "add port" in firewall. "Change Settings" is greyed out for some reason. However, it doesn't start with the firewall off.

fozzy71
04-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you. I schedule support from 12:00 - 22:00 EDT, 7 days a week.

skobotinc1
04-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Thank you, Fozzy! Running like a track star now! :)