PDA

View Full Version : How do I keep the same hand history of two different computers?

Pupp3tMast3r
04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Ok, so I have a laptop which I will occasionally use to play poker on while out of town, etc.

As far as I understand, by buying HEM I get the right to use it on two computers (desktop + laptop) so this should be legal :) If it's not then well close the thread :D

Anyway I was wondering what would be the easiest way to do that? Would just installing HEM on the latop, then Manually importing the Archive directory that I have saved somewhere do it? (for the first time)

Then I can keep doing that every time (keeping the archive folder on a a flash drive for example)?

netsrak
04-09-2010, 03:48 AM
The way you explained is the easiest to do.
Just copy and import the archive or the new files from the archive.

Your license is valid for 2 of your computers so thats ok too.

Pupp3tMast3r
04-09-2010, 03:50 AM
So am I correct in assuming that I can recreate the whole database starting from the Archive?

Also if I click on import after playing say 2 more weeks on the desktop (after the last time I used the laptop) do I have to manually select those days or can I just copy the whole directory, click on import on the laptop and it will not double-import hands? (and not waste hours doing it?!)

netsrak
04-09-2010, 03:52 AM
You can start with an empty database and import the hands or you create a database backup on your mail computer and restore it on your laptop:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)

The import recognizes duplicate hands so thats fine.