PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 64-bit compatibility?

Clean
04-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi,

I'm about to buy a new poker/gaming-dedicated PC, will be getting 4gb ram, probably expanding to more later, and because of that I require a 64-bit version of windows 7.

Will HEM work fine in a 64-bit OS or will I need to stick with 32-bit?

I'm also getting a quad-core processor, I remember hearing something about multicore optimization...

Thanks

(I know this has probably been discussed but the search feature wouldn't accept small words like windows '7', '64' 'bit' etc.)

Pupp3tMast3r
04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I have an I7 quadcore, an intel x25 SSD dedicated for Win 7 and the database only, and 12 GB of ddr3 in triple channel and hem is still not really fast. It's basically the same speed as on my laptop which is a Win 7 64bit with only 4 GB of Ram and an Intel Core 2 duo proc.

So whatever those optimizations are, they apparently are not in place yet, or they don't work :)

Clean
04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Wow, monstrous rig. Well, even if I won't see any huge speed advantages, at least I know it's compatible, right? :)

Pupp3tMast3r
04-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I actually run it under "Compatible with Windows XP" otherwise it flickers.

And yea my system is a monster designed for high-end gaming, not poker :P

Arizona Willie
04-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm running HM under Windows 7 64 bit on both my laptop and desktop and sharing the desktop database over my wireless network so I can play on either machine.

It works just fine on Windows 7 64 bit. However, when you have it running you should right click on the task bar and start Task Manager and go into processes and find the hm stuff there and set their affinity to use all your cores and set the priorities to < high > and you will get much better performance. This made a very visible difference in the HUD performance on my machine which is a simple old dual core E6600 running at 2.4 ghz with 6 gigs of RAM.

As I remember there are 3 hm processes you need to do that for. You need to have Auto Import started in HM in order to have the 3rd process in Task Manager.

BTW I've never seen any flickering.

Locketto
04-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi,

I'm about to buy a new poker/gaming-dedicated PC, will be getting 4gb ram, probably expanding to more later, and because of that I require a 64-bit version of windows 7.

Will HEM work fine in a 64-bit OS or will I need to stick with 32-bit?

I'm also getting a quad-core processor, I remember hearing something about multicore optimization...

Thanks

(I know this has probably been discussed but the search feature wouldn't accept small words like windows '7', '64' 'bit' etc.)

if u want to be fast use a ssd
YouTube - Samsung SSD vs HDD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCmLJtITK4&feature=related)

ore more
YouTube - Samsung SSD Awesomeness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96dWOEa4Djs) :D