PDA

View Full Version : All hands recorded three times

k_raf
04-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi,
All the hands imported are stored 3 times (see example attached). This bug shows for Holdem Manager as well as Omaha Manager, Tourney Hands as well as CG hands.

netsrak
04-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Did you use a backup/restore to create the database?
Which HM version is this?

k_raf
04-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Did you use a backup/restore to create the database?
Which HM version is this?

Yes I changed my computer so I exported the base.
I'm currently using 1.10.04b, but it did it before. It happens whith both PS and FTP hands

netsrak
04-10-2010, 08:44 AM
When restoring a backup it is very important that you don't restore into a database you created via Holdemmanager.
You need to create a new empty database via pgadminIII and restore the backup into this database otherwise you will experience the problems you have.

k_raf
04-10-2010, 08:49 AM
OK I understand. I suppose that if I try to export the current database I will also export the bug.
What is the best solution to solve the problem?

netsrak
04-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Create a new database, restore the backup again and import all hands from the archive again.

k_raf
04-10-2010, 09:16 AM
OK thanks. So I will loose all hands recorded lately?

fozzy71
04-10-2010, 12:58 PM
OK thanks. So I will loose all hands recorded lately?

No, those should be moved to your \HMArchive. Once you import your new archive folder all your recent hands should be imported. Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

Backing up your archive folders (original hands) is far more important than creating a .backup file. When the backups fail you have to rely on importing the hands again.

k_raf
04-10-2010, 01:32 PM
OK, thanks for all