PDA

View Full Version : Had to reinstall windows save my database?

yeknod
04-08-2010, 06:08 PM
So my computer was was totally messed up dont know why yet but i suspect some hd damage/failure whatever, i had to reinstall xp to be able to access my harddrive. Now i would like to know is there anyway i can retrieve my HM data?

The HM directory as well as the postgresql directories should still be the way they were though obviously both programs do not work now due to the windows reinstall. If i reinstall postgresql as documented here: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)

and reinstall/repair (what are my options here?) Holdemmanager

will i be able to retrieve my database?

netsrak
04-09-2010, 03:43 AM
1. Reinstall Postgresql as explained in the FAQ. This should restore your database.

2. Holdemmanager: copy the config subfolder, delete the original folder, reinstall the full version of Holdemmanager (uncheck postgresql during the installation procedure). Start HEM, if it works, close it again, copy the backup of the config folder to the newly created one, restart HEM and it should work again.