PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL password?

Mr. Feel Good
04-08-2010, 02:46 AM
I'd like to run querries and stuff. I thought my PostgreSQL password was postgres but when I open the psql (elephant) terminal, it quickly closes after entering my password. It may have said fatal error? help please

a.k.a.Also
04-08-2010, 03:54 AM
It's usually postgrespass

Mr. Feel Good
04-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Start HM > Options > Database Management > Password

showed me my password: postgres. C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin, here is where the psql interactive terminal is (elephant). I enter it but it promptly closes the window. The cursor doesn't move but I understand that that is normal.

please advise.

_Loki_
04-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Use any user/pass for PostgreSQL
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+%28PostgreSQL%29)

ez2cy
04-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Trying to download latest Postgres, don't know the password. Tried opening HM, Options, Data Manage, and I get a message that HEM needs to shut down?

Had Postgres download shut down while trying this.

???????

fozzy71
04-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Trying to download latest Postgres, don't know the password.

You shouldnt need a password to download postgres.

Tried opening HM, Options, Data Manage, and I get a message that HEM needs to shut down?

That sounds like a problem with HM, and not Postgres.

I'd like to run querries and stuff. I thought my PostgreSQL password was postgres but when I open the psql (elephant) terminal, it quickly closes after entering my password. It may have said fatal error? help please

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

Start HM > Options > Database Management > Password:

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba f
ile to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+(PostgreSQL))

Mr. Feel Good
04-23-2010, 03:46 PM
I did this:
2.Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 references to trust. Save and close the file.

I'd still like to open the psql terminal and enter my password to run querries and such. please advise.

fozzy71
04-24-2010, 09:53 AM
If you did those instructions you should be able to enter any password without issue.