PDA

View Full Version : purge old observed hands to freeup space and refresh stats

Jun
04-07-2010, 04:15 AM
hi, support

i had a huge database on my desktop so i decide to clean it up recently. those are what i did.

i went to option>purge hands and choose to purge old observed hands from my database completely except those who played by hero which is obviously myself.

then i tried to vacuum database from hm and got a complain. so instead, i went to pgadmin and did a complete vacuum+index there.

as i watched from purging, i purged more than 20million hands from my database. but after the vacuum, i didn't see any space freed up. i thought defragment my disk will help. but it didn't either.

so how do i free up those spaces, it should be around 20g of disk space.

The other question is that how do i get rid of those old observed hands from the stats that showing in my hud. I am seeing alot of players in my game with a stats of over millions hands which included alot of hands years ago. I would like to not include those outdated data into my hud displaying since those data are actually misleading to me.

thanks

-Jun

netsrak
04-07-2010, 11:10 AM
You need to run a vacuum with the option full to free the space.
You can also delete all files in the pg_log subfolder of your postgresql installation.

It is not possible to delete players or stats from a database. You can configure not to use stats older than x month in the additional Hud filters.

MellowYellow
04-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Hi is there any way to instead of limit hands to only the last few months, to maybe limit to a maximum hand?

Like say I only want a max of the last 5,000 hands on opponents? This would be useful instead of just doing the last month incase you havent seen someone in a while i would still have stats on them.

netsrak
04-09-2010, 03:49 AM
This is not possible at the moment but it is a feature which is already on the roadmap. Unfortunately i can't give you any ETA for this.

MellowYellow
04-09-2010, 04:57 AM
that's alright, good to hear, I'm stoked for this feature whenever it DOES show up, thanks a lot.

Jun
04-13-2010, 10:59 AM
alright, i will try vaccum with option full and see.

but how long is going to take? last time, it took about 30 hours to finish and i was not able to play since i have to use hud. by using option full, does it make it faster or slower and how slow?

thx

-jun

_Loki_
04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
vacuum is quicker than vacuum full - probably a lot quicker
better to vacuum often & not use vacuum full at all

Jun
04-13-2010, 11:35 AM
vacuum is quicker than vacuum full - probably a lot quicker
better to vacuum often & not use vacuum full at all

ok. i can do the vaccum thing while i am sleeping but that only 10 hours. so if i cancel it when i wake up and need to play, what's going to happen?

is the database going to be corrupted? did i just lost all of the work has been done?

thx

-jun

_Loki_
04-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't know what happens if you cancel or interrupt. I thought this was a mellow yellow post & didn't see your original post at the beginning of the thread . I apologise for the confusion I have caused

Have you deleted the content of the data/pg_log directory as suggested by Karsten (netsrak) ?

I am saying that it's better to vacuum often as a routine - say every week & not vacuum full every blue moon :)