PDA

View Full Version : SnG Problem......

Kariminal
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi,
Today I started to begin grinding Sng's, I normally play cash but just not enough discipline, so decided on a change.
Until now, I have had no problems whatsoever with HEM, setup was easy, importing hands/auto import not a problem all stats correlated accurately to what actually happened when I played............

So, on to today, I played four Sng's before I realised there was a problem with some of the data from the SnG's.
In the 'Data View' tab on Tourney's, there are a few discrepancies:

*I played three 45's and one 90 man SnG, however it only has one 45 and says the others I played were 27, 21 and 20 (this is under 'size').

*For the three incorrect SnG's it says I finished 7th in each, which is again incorrect. It was 11th and 12th in the 45's and 15th in the 90.

*For the One 45 SnG that was correct ie; I entered a 45 and came 7th, the amount won is wrong...which therefore affects the ROI etc;
I won $0.39 it shows me as winning $0.50.

*Under the 'Tables' column 3 say 'MTT', yet one says '2 Table' (this is the sng that says had a size of 21.....so whats that 10.5 people per table??!!!)

Ok, I would like to clarify that the following are all fine:

The tournament numbers and start times, length of play in each tournament, buy-in amount, tournament speed, and tourny type. (I am not too sure what '#Played' is??)

Also, in the 'Tourney Result Filter' on the left, everything is correct apart from the ROI% and Winnings.

Sorry if this a bit long, but I have tried to explain everything as it is. I understand this is my first thread, but trust me I have spent more than the last 4hrs uninstalling and reinstalling HEM and going through the FAQ, searching the web, searching these forums and nothing seemingly relates to my problem everything, yet everything seems to be fine, set up wise.

I am glad I am refreshing at low stakes to start the grind, and caught this straight away (well after four tourneys!!) as it's easy to keep track, but if I start multi-tabling at higher buy-ins, I'm gonna need to be able to keep track of the winnings and ROI obviously!

I will greatly appreciate any and all help and or advice somebody may be able to give me in regard to this.
To say it is bugging me is quite an understatement, plus I'd also like to get playing again too!

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT:
LATEST SOFTWARE

THIS RELATES TO IMPORT FROM POKERSTARS

IT IS A FRESH DATABASE

morny
04-06-2010, 07:18 PM
The thing is HM can easily calculate the correct winnings and placings if its a sng where all the players are at the same table. However with MTTs basically and 2+ table tournaments HM has no way of knowing whether there is 10 people in the tournament or 10,000 so without this info HM cant workout your position or payout or if the tournament is complete. You can manually edit or also you can request summaries which detail the total people in a tournie, the payout positions and your finishing place, if you import this into HM it will update the results for you, you can usually request this via the request menu in the lobby in stars for up to the last 200 tournies i think and for older ones you can request it via email and import the file they send (ask for the htm version)

Kariminal
04-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi,
Thank-you very much for the help.

I had a feeling that it maybe something like this, almost as if HEM is only able track the number of people I played against and takes that as the total number in the Sng??!!
However, it got the one I cashed in correctly, why would it do that? Even though the amount won was wrong.

So, does this basically mean that I cannot use HEM for tracking my Sng's? If so, I will be greatly disappointed.
Also, if the tournament number is correct, why does it not gather the correct info from there? Remember, I am playing in fixed number Sng's (45's, 90's, 180's) so it should not be hard for HEM to know this (speaking as a layman of course, dont know how the inner workings of the software work!!).

Obviously I can get the ROI/Winnings from OPR, but TBH I dont want to do that, I would like for all my info/stats etc; to be in one easy to use place.
Maybe I bought the wrong product, maybe I should have checked about this first? But then again, when i bought it I was playing strictly cash.

Anyway, if the software does not know how to decipher Tourneys/Sng's properly, then TBH I dont understand why there is an option to track them. Or is it only a problem with Sng's?
Shouldn't it be more of a problem with Tourneys if the problem is tracking how many enter, especially with 1hr late registration on most tourneys these days?

Again, any help will be greatly appreciated, i would like to understand fully what is going on with the software, and if I now I seemingly need to change my software? I need to know if there is a fix for this, or do I have to just lump it and like it!!

Very disappointed HEM owner.

Kariminal
04-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Ok, so no answer, i'll assume I have to like it and lump it then?

Anyway, I requested the same 4 tourneys I played yesterday and had a look at it, however it is not a 'file' as such, rather just some text etc;

So I have a question:

Considering what i received, there is nothing really to import as such, does that mean that I must put in all the details manually, as opposed to receiving a 'file' (like I have in the past for complete HH!!) and importing the right stuff and it just going from there?

If it is the former, then that is flat out ridiculous.

EDIT:
I requested the Tournament history from Requests>>>Tournament History

Should I have gone Hand History>>>>>>>>>Tournament Number

TIA

_Loki_
04-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi Kariminal - does this help ?

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

Regarding your other questions - I wish I knew enough to help, but I'm confident you'll get a support reply soon
Support here is very good :)

morny
04-07-2010, 08:55 PM
However, it got the one I cashed in correctly, why would it do that? Even though the amount won was wrong.

When you get the final table it can work out the details, i cant remember exactly how it does it but i remember Roy mentioning it can work it out if you make the final table, possibly chip stack totals or something like that.

So, does this basically mean that I cannot use HEM for tracking my Sng's? If so, I will be greatly disappointed.
Also, if the tournament number is correct, why does it not gather the correct info from there? Remember, I am playing in fixed number Sng's (45's, 90's, 180's) so it should not be hard for HEM to know this (speaking as a layman of course, dont know how the inner workings of the software work!!).

yes but i dont think it knows if its a 45/90/180 man tournamant as far as i know, if you go out in 20th place how would it work out if it was 20 of 45 or 20 of 180 and even if it could how would it work out you went out in 20th? It cant keep track of who went out on the other tables.

But as i explained, you just request the import summaries from stars and in the summaries it has all the information needed to update all your results. Do a manual import like you would with a hand history and it will update your results for you:)