PDA

View Full Version : HEM has stopped importing all my hands

Jude
04-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi, I play on Pokerstars and Full Tilt and never had any problems with HEM until recently when it's started missing some hands. I have it on auto import and after I play a session of say 2000 hands on Pokerstars (full ring cash games fwiw) only 1200 or so of them will be imported. I have no idea why it is missing some, please help!

fozzy71
04-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Do the same for your poker clients.

Make sure the hand histories and poker client are in English. Set your Windows Regional and Language Settings to English (US). Restart your PC.

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions and attach your config file - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

You can try to reimport your archived hands to see if it finds any new/missed hands:

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

If that doesn't help, you can try to duplicate the problem in a new DB:

*Try creating a new UTF DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands)
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB

Jude
04-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi, thanks very much for the response, but I tried all those things and I'm still having the same problem.

_Loki_
04-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Try this:

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions and attach your config file - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn%27t+Work)

Jude
04-09-2010, 06:39 PM
I was just playing with HEM trying to figure out what's happened and I noticed something strange. If I hover over the icon in the system tray while playing, the session profit and hands played are correct, but if I open up HEM and filter to "today", it's missing some hands. I also tracked down an individual hand that it was missing and tried to import that directly, and it just said "Duplicate file".

_Loki_
04-09-2010, 07:43 PM
In your original post: "...I play a session of say 2000 hands on Pokerstars (full ring cash games fwiw) only 1200 or so of them will be imported"

In your latest post: "..If I hover over the icon in the system tray while playing, the session profit and hands played are correct, but if I open up HEM and filter to "today", it's missing some hands"

The simplest answer is that all your hands are importing correctly (which is why the tray icon figures are correct), but when you view your session stats you have a filter set up that's excluding some hands so...

Go to CASH > Sessions tab
Change back to 'All Hands'
The button to the right of the 'all hands' button is called 'filter' make sure it says 'no filter' next to it
Then look for 'Group by:' & change that to 'Day'
Refresh

For the day you are interested in see if the figures are correct

Jude
04-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but even without any filters certain hands are missing.

netsrak
04-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Please create a new database and import the hands into this database for a test.

blue2
04-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Please create a new database and import the hands into this database for a test.

Hi, I had exactly the same problem as OP described. So far it seems like that creating a new database solved the problem, thanks.

Jude
04-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi, creating a new database fixed it, thanks!

fozzy71
04-10-2010, 12:31 PM
FWIW, there seems to be a direct correlation (IMO) between corrupt DB's and un-maintained databases. I perform db maintenance far more often than is necessary and I have never had a corrupt DB or connection issues.

1 - Close HM and Open PGAdmin

2 - connect to postgresql server and then to the DB. Password is postgrespass in case you ever need it.

3 - Right-Click > Maintenance on the DB.

4 - Vacuum, Full, Analyze > OK

Wait for it to finish and change the greyed out OK button to a Done button.

Do that ever 10 -30k hands.

Every 50 - 100k hands, after finishing the steps above:

A - Right-Click > Maintenance on the DB.

B - Reindex > OK

Wait for it to finish and change the greyed out OK button to a Done button.

Next we need to Stop the PostgreSQL service so the Defragmenter can Defrag the Database.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8,4 > Stop Server

Open Smart Defrag > Select both drive letter checkboxes > Analyze

Pick suggested Defrag process > Start Defrag

After Smart Defrag finishes you should restart your computer.

If you need to use HM before you restart your PC, then you need to Start Server.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8,4 > Start Server

Hansbanana
04-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Im having almost the same problems as op. I didnt play on pokerstars for a few months and tried it yesterday but not even a single hand on pokerstars was detected. hm worked prefect on ft and it did on ps when i use to play there. I found this thread and read that creating a new database would solve the problem. I updated my hm from 1.10.04a to b and after creating a new database i started hm again. or at least tried to cause it seems hm crushes. And not working. I uninstalled it. Tried to reinstall it and was told to update it again. Which i did... Blablabla... After installing and deleting and reinstalling hm. It seems like hm crushes down everytime i try to use it. Im using windows7 and postgres 8.3 hm.exe and the other exes are fixed.

Hm suddenly started working just after writing this post. But hands are still not imported from ps

Im currently trying to export my hands from database1... database2 was of no use cause hands were not imported and hud didnt pop up

netsrak
04-11-2010, 06:32 AM
* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

Hansbanana
04-11-2010, 06:32 PM
i found the mistake.
pokerstars wasnt even saving the hands...
I checked the handhistory options and couldnt figure out the mistake.
Finally i right clicked pokerstars icon and started ps as admin.
Voilla. It seems like uac is one hell of annoying

_Loki_
04-11-2010, 06:40 PM
uac is a bloody pain. I'm staying xp as long as possible :)

fozzy71
04-12-2010, 04:28 PM
It sounds like you were trying to save them to \program files (x86) sub-folders instead of the default under \username\application data. W7 and Vista dont like pokerstars to write hands there, which is why they default to the user sub-folder now.