PDA

View Full Version : export hands to hard drive error- startindex cannot be less than zero

moscowjourno
04-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi I'm attempting to export my last 20000 hands to hard drive but I get the error message

'An error occurred startindex cannot be less than 0- parameter startindex.'

I have no clue what this is or how to fix it. Can someone help pleasr?

Cheers.

fozzy71
04-05-2010, 02:35 PM
You are using the Hands tab to filter and export? Try filtering for a smaller number of hands and see if it works. Have you tried a full DB export from the Options > Database Management option?

Do you perform regular DB maintenance? i would suggest you try to vacuum and reindex the DB and see if it also helps.

1 - Close HM and Open PGAdmin

2 - connect to postgresql server and then to the DB. Password is postgrespass in case you ever need it.

3 - Right-Click > Maintenance on the DB.

4 - Vacuum, Full, Analyze > OK

Wait for it to finish and change the greyed out OK button to a Done button.

Do that ever 10 -30k hands.

Every 50 - 100k hands, after finishing the steps above:

A - Right-Click > Maintenance on the DB.

B - Reindex > OK

Wait for it to finish and change the greyed out OK button to a Done button.

Next we need to Stop the PostgreSQL service so the Defragmenter can Defrag the Database.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8,4 > Stop Server

Open Smart Defrag > Select both drive letter checkboxes > Analyze

Pick suggested Defrag process > Start Defrag

After Smart Defrag finishes you should restart your computer.

If you need to use HM before you restart your PC, then you need to Start Server.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8,4 > Start Server

moscowjourno
04-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi, I've followed these instructions but I can't find smart defrag, can you tell me where it is please?

morny
04-05-2010, 04:59 PM
If you google it you should find a link however "Start Index is less than 0" translates into You didnt select anything

What you probably done was right click without left clicking first. So try this and it should solve it, load your last 200k hands, left click on any hand, then right click and choose export all hands to hard drive.

Also it might be better to break the hands up into small chunks for 50k if your getting timeout errors when you try this

moscowjourno
04-06-2010, 04:48 AM
I left click...the hand is surrounded by a box then I right click and go to export all hands. Same message, no change. What's going on???

netsrak
04-06-2010, 06:42 AM
Which HM version are you using?

moscowjourno
04-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm using the latest one.

moscowjourno
04-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Bump...

morny
04-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi,

Please email me and we can do a teamviewer session, just download teamviewer from TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet (http://www.teamviewer.com) and let me know a suitable time GMT in advance. Teamviewer allows me to access your computer to fix the problem.

When we agree a suitable time you just need to send me the ID and password that Teamviewer creates to get access to your PC

support@holdemmanager.com

Thanks
Morny

wallace09
08-18-2011, 03:04 PM
what was the issue and how to solve it? I have a friend with the same problem.

morny
08-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Did he try #4 in the post, its basically saying he didnt select any hands, make sure he left clicks to select first and then right clicks to export. That should do the trick