PDA

View Full Version : not responding error

Liteup
10-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I have installed and uninstalled Hold 'em Manage twice. When I click on the desk top icon to launch the program, I get the box and click on "try" to the free trial. I then get initializing data base then the box "Holdem Manager 1.03.06h", tries to open and I get a NOT RESPONDING error. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Liteup

udbrky
10-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Does it say that postgres is not responding and to increase the timeout?

I had this problem and saw a post regarding it earlier and followed the steps suggested and fixed my issue.

I uninstalled my firewall (zone alarm) and antivirus (kaspersky), rebooted, reinstalled HEM and postgres. HEM now started fine. I installed AV, it started fine, and then tried to install FW, and got an error that it wasn't compatible with my AV. So I switched to Comodo. Everything, including Firefox 3.0.3 works fine for me. I think the problem was that Comodo and Kaspersky did not work together.

So try uninstalling your firewall and antivirus, reinstall HEM and postgres, then reinstall FW and AV and see if that helps. I also turned off windows defender, so you might try that if you're running vista.

Liteup
10-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Does it say that postgres is not responding and to increase the timeout?

I had this problem and saw a post regarding it earlier and followed the steps suggested and fixed my issue.

I uninstalled my firewall (zone alarm) and antivirus (kaspersky), rebooted, reinstalled HEM and postgres. HEM now started fine. I installed AV, it started fine, and then tried to install FW, and got an error that it wasn't compatible with my AV. So I switched to Comodo. Everything, including Firefox 3.0.3 works fine for me. I think the problem was that Comodo and Kaspersky did not work together.

So try uninstalling your firewall and antivirus, reinstall HEM and postgres, then reinstall FW and AV and see if that helps. I also turned off windows defender, so you might try that if you're running vista.
No, but thanks for trying. I have that installed, but it just says, "not responding." Any further ideas?

Thanks again

udbrky
10-07-2008, 12:46 AM
What does it do when it's saying it's not responding? What part of HEM doesn't respond?

- the main program
- the HUD
- a message box?

Try running it alone, i.e. no browser, aim, other programs.

Liteup
10-07-2008, 01:11 AM
What does it do when it's saying it's not responding? What part of HEM doesn't respond?

- the main program
- the HUD
- a message box?

Try running it alone, i.e. no browser, aim, other programs.
I closed ALL programs. I clicked on icon on desk top. It takes me to window which says BUY, REGISTER or TRY. I click on TRY and the another box opens and has the version and just sits there. When I click in CTRL + ALT + DELETE, it says NOT RESPONDING. So frustrating and the 15 day trial period is 5 days old. Thanks for your continued help.

udbrky
10-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Did you try uninstalling your antivirus and firewall and reinstalling HEM? Did you make sure you have the latest build?

This solved my problems. I spent several days trying to fix them, and followed these steps and it was fixed instantly.

Liteup
10-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Did you try uninstalling your antivirus and firewall and reinstalling HEM? Did you make sure you have the latest build?

This solved my problems. I spent several days trying to fix them, and followed these steps and it was fixed instantly.
MY FIREWALL ASKS FOR PERMISSION. IT HASN'T GOTTEN TO THAT STEP. AaNTI BIRUS IS DISABLED. WHAT IS hem? BUILD IS: 01.06.03H Sorry for the caps. thx

udbrky
10-07-2008, 02:20 AM
MY FIREWALL ASKS FOR PERMISSION. IT HASN'T GOTTEN TO THAT STEP. AaNTI BIRUS IS DISABLED. WHAT IS hem? BUILD IS: 01.06.03H Sorry for the caps. thx

hem is holdem manager

Dont just disable it. uninstall them. Uninstall your firewall, your antivirus and holdem manager, then reinstall. what are your firewall and antivirus programs?

Liteup
10-07-2008, 02:21 AM
hem is holdem manager

dont just disable it. Uninstall them. Uninstall your firewall, your antivirus and holdem manager, then reinstall. What are your firewall and antivirus programs?
at & t

udbrky
10-07-2008, 02:50 AM
I googled it, and AT&T gives you norton antivirus. This could be the problem. Are you using their firewall as well, or windows firewall? I haven't used Norton in about 5 years. I prefer AVG, Avira and Kaspersky. The first two are free. This could be your issue. Also, go into their settings and give hem and postgresql permission.