PDA

View Full Version : AutoRate Icons Disabled When Player Has Notes

MicroRoller
04-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I really like the autorate icon feature but I found a problem with it. I mentioned it in another thread in the general forum but wanted to add it to the bug forum as well now that I have a better idea of what's going on.

It seems that anytime you add a note to a player, either manually using the note box or through the import notes function, an icon_id is assigned to that player.

When you import PokerStars notes, for some reason it gets set to 4, when you type in notes it's -1 (the star icon).

Whenever icon_id is set in hemplayernotes, the icon shown is based on the value in the table, not from the autorate rules.

This is very confusing/annoying since in many cases you didn't specifically assign an icon yourself.

In my opinion, the default behavior when you type in a note is that unless you specifically assign an icon, the auto rate icon should display if enabled. So either enter null in hemplayernotes or ignore icon_id -1 from the autorate side.

When importing notes, if there's a way to copy the color coding that was specificed in the site notes, do it, otherwise just default to null so that autorate icons can appear.

To correct the problem I'm running the following sql statement from time to time to just clear icon_id's

update hemplayernotes set icon_id = null;

Edit:

Hero (player id 1) also seems to be initialized with -1 for icon_id. If you reset this to null you get to see your own autorate icon in the replayer, but not in the HUD. Would be cool to see your own autorate icon in the HUD too.

_Loki_
04-03-2010, 07:15 PM
No problems for me: 1.10.04b. I use auto rate icons. I play on PS.

When I add a note to a player in live play or in the replayer (in both cases via the HUD) I get the 3 horizontal yellow bars to indicate that I've got a note on that player. these bars are in front of the players auto rate icon.

I haven't used the import notes function

_Loki_
04-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Interestingly I cannot write a note on myself in live play (not that I want to), but I can in the replayer :)