PDA

View Full Version : Help HM Won`t start

Kev123
04-02-2010, 04:20 PM
I`m running windows XP and I my PC just crashed leaving me to turn it off from the main box.

When I got my PC running again HM seems to have a problem now as I`m getting the following message;

An error occured while reading the config/HoldemManager.config.file: Root element is missing

When I click to back up and create new file I get another message with this detail

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
at HoldemManager.Configuration.c()
at HoldemManager.Configuration.InitializeConfiguratio n()
at HoldemManager.frmLoading.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HoldemManager
Assembly Version: 1.10.0.5
Win32 Version: 1.10.0.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/HoldemManager.exe
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
DevComponents.DotNetBar2
Assembly Version: 8.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.3.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DevComponents.DotNetBar2.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
DeployLX.Licensing.v3
Assembly Version: 3.2.2000.0
Win32 Version: 3.2.2000.3813
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DeployLX.Licensing.v3.DLL
System.Web
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have tried to install the latest HM patch to see if that would help but still the same.

I really need to try save my database, please advise what I can do

Thanks
Kev

Kev123
04-02-2010, 05:53 PM
OK so I found the search function and tried to fix it myself

I found a post HEM Root Error - Time & Time Again

and followed the following steps

If you have vista or xp, try this:

Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Download and run this uninstaller - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/dot...eanup_tool.zip
2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dotnetfx35.exe

When I restarted the PC and tried HM , I got the same messages.

I then noticed that I was getting the same error message as a post called Can't open HM

There it advised the following

Can you delete your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and then reboot, youll lose your import folders so youll need to add them again since the file is corrupt

When I tried to load HM after making this change

It can`t find HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi and is asking for another path

I`m kinda stuck what to do here

I took a copy of the config file before deleting, not sure what I can do now

fozzy71
04-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Can you delete your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and then reboot, youll lose your import folders so youll need to add them again since the file is corrupt

When I tried to load HM after making this change

It can`t find HoldemManagerSetupProject.msi and is asking for another path

Download and unzip this file to a new folder. It contains that .msi file so you can try to point towards it.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip

If that doesn't work just do a clean reinstall of HM. It should hopefully be able to connect to your existing DB once installed, unless the crash damaged your DB also.

If none of that helps, I would suggest a clean reinstall:

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files.
2) Uninstall HM with Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems (http://www.revouninstaller.com) using the Deep setting. You do not need to uninstall PostgreSQL.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe. You should un-check the PostgreSQL Option when running the combo installer.
6) Test if it for a while and see if it works

Kev123
04-03-2010, 08:27 AM
I have just tried to uninstall using Revo, however after I did the scan for the remaining registry items I seem to be unable to delete the items that are in bold writing.

I`m not sure if restarting my PC will help and if I do how I get this registry list up again as HM is now uninstalled so I can start the process again ?

Please help, this is driving me nuts now.

Thanks
Kev

Kev123
04-03-2010, 09:00 AM
I managed to get a bit further with it i think, however when I tried to reinstall HM I get the following message;

The following error occurred when trying to open the database : Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Is this something I need to worry about ? ( HM has started ok and has my HHs )

Its appears I am missing my HUD config, I took a backup of the config file at the start, is there a file I can move into the new folder that will have my HUD config in it ?

netsrak
04-03-2010, 10:49 AM
The message you get is usually caused from a firewall. If HM works fine now you should just watch it in the future.
If it happens again you may need to configure your firewall: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29)

For your Hud configuration copy the file prefs.xml and the files *pref*.txt

Kev123
04-03-2010, 12:13 PM
All sorted now hopefully, thanks for your help