PDA

View Full Version : Is HM getting out of control

teecee90
04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that HM is losing its way a little?

I may be wrong, but I get the impression that all these extra "bolt-on" apps are stealing the focus away from the core application in an attempt to generate extra income. I have no problem with any commercial organisation trying to maximise its profits.......but please dont forget the core business.

If we need to pay for major upgrades - thats fine. I'd rather that than a constant stream of optional extras.

The Minder
04-01-2010, 08:59 PM
+1

morny
04-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Its actually quite the opposite, i can honestly say that there is way more work going on in the background now compared with even a couple of months ago, Mike and Roy haven't been sidetracked at all as the people developing the apps are working on that separate and Roy and Mike continue to work on the core HM functionality as always. Also with the extra support staff Roy and Mike spend a lot less time dealing with support and sales issues plus we also have extra developers now that help out Mike and Roy although a lot of this is in transition so you should begin to see the benefits over the coming months.

Without those extra revenue streams its quite possible it would force a reduction in staff so the HM apps along with being an extremely beneficial addition to HM users will most likely increase the level of support and development within HM.

I can understand though that some things got sidetracked/delayed due to the Rush issues and other unforseen issues that have cropped up but you cant plan for things like this, as the Minder knows were now working with the Tourney folks to try and improve things for tournament and sng players so i think were listening to the customers but there is so much going on that its not always possible to fix everyone issues at the same time and unfortunately someone will always have to wait longer than they would like for their favourite feature.

Well also be releasing details soon of upcoming features etc that are planned so youll see development is steaming ahead and certainly not stalling in any way

teecee90
04-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks Morny, that's reassuring. Look forward to news of some further developments soon.

The Minder
04-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Morny, I appreciate what you said but my happy factor is still in the basement.

SuperSized
04-03-2010, 04:25 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that HM is losing its way a little?

I may be wrong, but I get the impression that all these extra "bolt-on" apps are stealing the focus away from the core application in an attempt to generate extra income. I have no problem with any commercial organisation trying to maximise its profits.......but please dont forget the core business.

This ^^^

pelerin
04-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Well also be releasing details soon of upcoming features etc that are planned so youll see development is steaming ahead and certainly not stalling in any way

Some indication of a timescale for specific features would be great e.g. support for ipoker prefered seats.

morny
04-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah thats one thing were working on, trying to give timescales along with the planned features, of course its difficult to give accurate ETA's as sometimes unexpected things happen that delay things but it should give people an idea of whats coming next and roughly when to expect it and if their favourite feature is in the short term plans.

teecee90
04-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Hmmmmm......another bolt-on hits the "app store". :rolleyes: