PDA

View Full Version : problems

texas donald
04-01-2010, 06:57 PM
new ipoker software been fine until now, HEM has not tracked my hands past a certain point, so the session info is not updating. however on the actual table I can watch the hands in the replayer if I click on one of the last 3 hands, can also mark them. also, my HUD by my seat is displaying my overall stats for all the hands Ive ever played.

how to sort this?

texas donald
04-01-2010, 07:13 PM
suddenly sorted itself out so its ok now.

still however my HUD keeps displaying the total stats not session stats, sometimes it goes to session stats when I click relaunch HUD, but other times not

morny
04-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Is this for cash or tournies? Ive never seen this before, what version of HM are you using?

texas donald
04-07-2010, 07:40 AM
1.10.03a

and it is for cash. It also strangely shows '97k' hands when my total hands is over 100k.

I may have to come back to this however as I am experiencing some issues with my computer to such an extent that the tech support have advised me to do a windows recovery. Couple questions concerning this:

- I will do a back up using the windows 'back up and restore' onto my external HDD. Will this backup all the relevant files for my HEM database, including all my hands etc, or will I have to back up HEM separately?

- Also, I have already used my HEM code on my laptop and this desktop, since I will be recovering windows I am sure the software will need to be reinstalled, is there any way I can get the same code, or you can check what computer I am on to prove that I am not after a 3rd copy?

Thanks.

netsrak
04-07-2010, 11:18 AM
You should backup HEM separately:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstalling on a new PC - Backup Tips (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips)
and you should export all your hands before reinstalling because i think your current database might be corrupt and it will be better to create a new one with importing all hands and notes again.

To reset your license please use our registration system (link in my signature).

texas donald
04-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Ok, will do this. Just wondering what is the puprose of backing up the database if I am exporting all the hands and notes separately anyway?

Also, a while back I had trouble locating my ongame hands, they werent in the ongame folder and didnt show up when I showed hidden files, and the HEM archive folder which it says it moves them to only contained my ipoker hands. Still cant find them - am I best to simply export all hands, then re-import them on restored system, in the hope that they get transferred?

netsrak
04-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Backing up a database and exporting hands are different levels of backups/security. The database backup contains stats, configuration and other things. The handhistories are just the native information you can use to import into other programs too.

If you export the hands from holdemmanager it will include your Ongame hands too. Ongame usually has one big file (handhistory.dat or handhistory.log) containing all the hands.

texas donald
04-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

is this still necessary if using the new combo installer?

morny
04-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Yes, you still need to set admin priveleges and the secondary service is required for PostgreSQL to run so theres no reason it should be turned off

texas donald
04-14-2010, 12:12 PM
just located files and each of the 3 are already set as admins so maybe the new versions of HEM do this automatically..

texas donald
04-14-2010, 02:37 PM
got HEM all setup but HUD isnt working? table tracker picks up my table but does not display stats

fozzy71
04-14-2010, 11:16 PM
just located files and each of the 3 are already set as admins so maybe the new versions of HEM do this automatically..

Our new installer does it automatically.

got HEM all setup but HUD isnt working? table tracker picks up my table but does not display stats

Pokerstars?

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/29202-stars-hud-tournament-import-issues-13-14-april.html

If it is a site other than stars:

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Make sure the hand histories and poker client are in English. Set your Windows Regional and Language Settings to English (US). Restart your PC.

Try the table finder - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Configuring Table Finder to Show HUD (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/Configuring+Table+Finder+to+Show+HUD+)

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

texas donald
04-18-2010, 06:07 PM
got it working in the end, thanks.

couple more queries though:

firstly, I want to have my HUD set so that when I sit at a 6max table my stats are in the correct positions, and when I sit at a full ring ring they are also. I have made 2 different HUD configs (altho all stats are same) but if I sit down at a 6max and FR, and then select the relevant configs by clicking on the spade icon, the stats on each table move at the same time. Unchecking wyswig wont solve it either as I want them to be in the right places automatically. Could you let me know what I am doing wrong please?

Also, the reason I had to wipe my PC and reinstall HEM was because I am getting an error message about resources being too low and my pc automatically switches to w7 basic mode, despite it being a brand new quad core machine. So my tech support got my to a destructive recovery and put software back on one by one to try work out what causes the problem as they are convinced it is software related.

All I have done is download firefox/skype/VC poker and HEM. And the problem has happened again. Also every time it has happened the 2 programs which have always happened to be on are VC and HEM. Is there any way you can think of that my HEM program is causing this issue? I just want to make totally sure as I will give them a call tomorrow and since I havent been able to identify the issue I'll probably have to look into what hardware could be to blame.

Apologies for the long post just wanted to include the info

morny
04-18-2010, 06:21 PM
firstly, I want to have my HUD set so that when I sit at a 6max table my stats are in the correct positions, and when I sit at a full ring ring they are also. I have made 2 different HUD configs (altho all stats are same) but if I sit down at a 6max and FR, and then select the relevant configs by clicking on the spade icon, the stats on each table move at the same time. Unchecking wyswig wont solve it either as I want them to be in the right places automatically. Could you let me know what I am doing wrong please?

I suspect its 2 possible problems, (firstly leave WYSIWYG on)

1) Ipoker introduce preferred seating and sit me here features, we dont support this yet so if your using this feature then the hud positions will be messed up
2) HM has problems detecting 6max/8max etc so if you go to Hud Options > Site Options > Ipoker TAB and choose Attempt to detect for HU/6max and 8max

Now once you have 2 separate hud configs for 6max and 9max and there is no conflicts in your hud setup 6max and 9max huds should move independently

About the resources thing i would try testing without HM to rule it out but i would think it would be unlikely giving the specs, Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill take a look if there is anything weird in the setup that might cause it to overload like a looped import folder or trying to import from the C drive etc or something really strange like that.

texas donald
04-19-2010, 08:27 AM
I suspect its 2 possible problems, (firstly leave WYSIWYG on)

1) Ipoker introduce preferred seating and sit me here features, we dont support this yet so if your using this feature then the hud positions will be messed up
2) HM has problems detecting 6max/8max etc so if you go to Hud Options > Site Options > Ipoker TAB and choose Attempt to detect for HU/6max and 8max

Now once you have 2 separate hud configs for 6max and 9max and there is no conflicts in your hud setup 6max and 9max huds should move independently

About the resources thing i would try testing without HM to rule it out but i would think it would be unlikely giving the specs, Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill take a look if there is anything weird in the setup that might cause it to overload like a looped import folder or trying to import from the C drive etc or something really strange like that.

ok thanks I will try what you said and see how I get on.

the thing is I cant really test the machine as it only ever happens completely randomly. Also since I play poker full time I need HEM on here. Am trying to attach the folder but whenever I click to select the folder using manage attachments>browse it simply opens up the folder as opposed to let me attach it. Am I right in thinking you mean the folder containing: auto rate, preflop ranges, then a load of .pop files?

fozzy71
04-19-2010, 10:32 AM
We want you to attach the holdemmanager.config FILE, not the FOLDER that contains it.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

texas donald
04-19-2010, 11:47 AM
think ive found the file but it says invalid file when i use manage attachments to try attach it?

have attached a screenshot to check its the right one, I assume it is the file called config.HEM (the first one out of the 2 files selected), not the application

_Loki_
04-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi TD

No that's the wrong one. I can see that your files all have their extensions showing (the bit to the right of the dot in the name)

You are looking for a FILE named 'HoldemManager.config' & it is one level deeper than your screenshot

This is how to find it starting from the screenshot you posted...

At the top of the pic you can see a YELLOW FOLDER called 'Temp' (FOLDERS DO NOT HAVE EXTENSIONS & They are YELLOW on your system)

Even higher up (out of the pic) is a YELLOW FOLDER called 'Config'
Double-click on that folder & it will open

Inside it is a FILE named 'HoldemManager.config'
That it the file to attach

texas donald
04-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi TD

No that's the wrong one. I can see that your files all have their extensions showing (the bit to the right of the dot in the name)

You are looking for a FILE named 'HoldemManager.config' & it is one level deeper than your screenshot

This is how to find it starting from the screenshot you posted...

At the top of the pic you can see a YELLOW FOLDER called 'Temp' (FOLDERS DO NOT HAVE EXTENSIONS & They are YELLOW on your system)

Even higher up (out of the pic) is a YELLOW FOLDER called 'Config'
Double-click on that folder & it will open

Inside it is a FILE named 'HoldemManager.config'
That it the file to attach

ah right, thanks a lot, found it now!

texas donald
04-26-2010, 06:13 PM
hey did anyone get a chance to look at this? how does it look?

also, any chance of in a future update it being made possible that in the player notes section you can leave a line between 2 separate notes? (when you press enter you can create an empty line, but once you click save and re open it it is gone) this would be really helpful for making notes easier to read.

also having the option to use BOLD or coloured text could be an idea? I know it would really help me, not sure how many other people would be interested?

morny
04-26-2010, 10:52 PM
The config file looks fine youve only 1 site added too, cant understand why thats happening as ive played on VC alot often several hours a day without any issues with HM and i wouldnt have half the specs you do

One other thing would be completely uninstall the firewall/antivirus to rule them out, sometimes the antivirus or firewall try to scan each hh file as they import and it can causes problems on rare occasions

morny
04-26-2010, 10:53 PM
For the suggestions feel free to add them here Suggestions Forums - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/suggestions-forums/) just read the sticky first on how to post a poll