PDA

View Full Version : multi tabling with a ton of stats on Hud

Ron200
04-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I just recently started 12-14 table stacking on stars, running Table ninja and xpadder.
sometimes when i get that many tables open my computer slows down alot, the tables are not popping up quick like normal, etc.
Just wondering about the importance of different things to make it work better,
I have looked at the tips for performance.

I dumped a bunch of stuff and then defraged. I have about 80gig free out of 225gig HD. vista with 2 gig memory.
It seemed to run a little better but still got bogged down a bit, especially if i try to run scanner at that point.
which is more important?
I have 35 stats on my hud, been playing with it for awhile and know what each number means, should I reduce that down for better performance?
should I get 1 gig or 2 gig more memory?
Thanks.

Patvs
04-01-2010, 01:52 AM
How much RAM is being used when you have 14 tables open + HoldemManager, etc.? The lag can be caused because:
-Your computer needs 2+ GB and it using the .page file as "virtual memory" on the harddisk
-The harddisk is slow in general.

High number of HUD stats (35) shouldn't cause any problems.

Read http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Ron200
04-01-2010, 03:27 AM
when I have nothing running use between 45-55% memory usually(vista hogs memory)
when I have everything running and get 12-14 tables loaded usually between 65-93% more likely towards the 93%.
Should I get 1 gig or 2 gig additional memory?
also what do you mean by if you have 3 gig or more memory to run 64 bit windows? is that a setting I make after I get the additional memory?

Patvs
04-01-2010, 03:46 AM
If you get 1 or 2 GB extra all depends on your motherboard.
It's quite possible your motherboard needs two identical DIMMs. So it currently has 2x 1GB with two more free slots. And you can upgrade by adding 2x 512 MB or 2x 1 GB. If it doesn't require paired DIMMs, you can stick in 1x 1 GB extra.

I'd add 2 GB extra.
Though.... if you have 4 GB you'll need a x64 bit Windows to be able to actually USE all 4 GB. A x32 bit version will only use up to 3 GB.

The Minder
04-01-2010, 04:28 AM
2GB is not enuff... especially for Vista.

32 bit O/Ss can see the whole 4Gb (2^32 = 4Gb), but only a little over 3Gb is available for general use. If you have a 64 bit O/S you can go the whole hog and bump memory to 8Gb... providing your mobo will take it. Memory is cheap.