PDA

View Full Version : positions (EP, MP) in popup stats

b0rt
10-03-2008, 11:04 AM
I was wondering what positions are actually taken into account for EP and MP. I couldn't find this anywhere.

in a Fullring game, you'd have UTG, UTG+1 and UTG2 as Early position (EP)
and MP1, MP2, MP3 as MP, then CO, BU, SB, BB

in Shorthanded, it starts with MP2, but is it the same for the popup position stats?

Does the shorthanded UTG (also referred to as MP2) count towards MP or EP?

morny
10-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Not sure what you mean, which stat exactly or where in the popup is the stat you have the query about?

Mike chops
10-03-2008, 04:45 PM
for 6 players or less:-

UTG = EP
UTG+1= MP
UTG+2 = CO

For 10 max:-

UTG and UTG+1 = EP
UTG+2 and UTG+3 = MP

You might want to set your hud filters to exclude 6 max hands from full ring games, if that's what you play normally.

b0rt
10-04-2008, 04:07 AM

UTG = EP
UTG+1= MP
UTG+2 = CO

UTG and UTG+1 = EP
UTG+2 and UTG+3 = MP

thx mike, this is what i meant :)

4A888
10-22-2008, 06:13 PM

UTG = EP
UTG+1= MP
UTG+2 = CO

UTG and UTG+1 = EP
UTG+2 and UTG+3 = MP

You might want to set your hud filters to exclude 6 max hands from full ring games, if that's what you play normally.

Shouldn't there be three early positions for 10 max:
UTG, UTG+1, UTG+2 = EP
MP1, MP2, MP3 = MP
and then CO, BU, SB and BB

and for 9max two early positions
UTG, UTG+1 = EP
MP1, MP2, MP3 = MP
and then CO, BU, SB and BB

Please clarify how this is handled by the program.

I just looked at the Preflop Cards Tab and there MP1 (UTG+2) is treated as EP for 9max games. So there seem to be three early postions and two middle positions for 9max games.
For me it's a bug, but maybe it's intentional and done this way in the HUD, too.

Please let me know how the different positions are specified in the program.

Thx in advance.

4A888
10-24-2008, 06:50 AM
An answer would be nice.

Mike chops
10-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Yes you are probably right. But I would have to play some some Full Ring hands to check.

4A888
10-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Just want to remind you to check this. Would be really nice to know, because i base a lot of decisions on the position stats.

4A888
11-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Still waiting for an answer ...

Mike chops
11-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Why don't you play a round of full-ring and let everybody know what the answer to this important question is.

4A888
11-01-2008, 03:56 PM
LOL. Nice support.

So basically you are saying i have to play 10max, 9max, 8max, and 6max to figure out how your program actually works because you don't know it yourself. That's ridiculous.

But maybe you are right it was quite foolish of me to think the programmer knows how his program works...

Nevermind i as customer won't bother you again.

At least Roy has a great attitude towards his customers. Yours is seriously lacking.

Mike chops
11-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Roy actually decided to put the positions in to buckets as opposed to individual seats. I was against it, but by the time we started working together it was going to be a lot of work to redo. So I don't know precisely the breakdown of seats at a 9-max table between EP and MP. If I wanted to find out, I would play a hand at a 9-max table and note each players' hand total in every position.

Blitz
02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Was wondering this, found this thread which was no help. I just filtered some hands to figure it out.

obviously there is a SB, BB, Btn, and CO........
8 handed there is 2 EP and 2 MP
9 handed there is 3 EP and 2 MP
6 handed there is 1 of each obviously
10 handed? Not an option for NL games where I play.

Clemenza
03-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Was wondering this, found this thread which was no help. I just filtered some hands to figure it out.

obviously there is a SB, BB, Btn, and CO........
8 handed there is 2 EP and 2 MP
9 handed there is 3 EP and 2 MP
6 handed there is 1 of each obviously
10 handed? Not an option for NL games where I play.

Roy, please respond. It appears, you are the only one that knows the answer to this important question.

The above, seems to conflict with the your recent "Position FR" filter, which indicates that there are 3 MP seats and 2 EP seats for 9-max.

Mike chops
03-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Here's a screenshot I took after a guy had played 9 hands at a full FTP table. You can see there are 3 EP hands, 2 MP and one each of the BB, SB, BTN and CO. I could have just watched one hands and looked at everybody's stats after that hand, but then I would have needed to post 9 popups.

I'm sorry for my sarcastic tone earlier. Somebody was bumping a thread when in my opinion the answer was easily discovered. I still think that if you couldn't work out how to find the answer for yourself, then maybe poker isn't for you.

Clemenza
03-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Here's a screenshot I took after a guy had played 9 hands at a full FTP table. You can see there are 3 EP hands, 2 MP and one each of the BB, SB, BTN and CO. I could have just watched one hands and looked at everybody's stats after that hand, but then I would have needed to post 9 popups.

I'm sorry for my sarcastic tone earlier. Somebody was bumping a thread when in my opinion the answer was easily discovered. I still think that if you couldn't work out how to find the answer for yourself, then maybe poker isn't for you.

I agree that it is easy to figure out the correct answer, however it appears that the answer changes depending on what stats you are looking at.

For example, Mike chops has shown that there are 3 EP seats in 9-max (on FTP) while Roy has posted a custom "Position (Full Ring)" report which shows that there are only 2 EP seats in 9-max (on PokerStars).

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=311&highlight=position+report+full+ring

Al1
03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Answere.
http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=5913

fish888
04-19-2010, 10:25 AM
hi there, the link in the post directly above this post cannot be accessed.. any help please? thanks... i just need to know how many EP and MP seats there are for pokerstars 9max games.

morny
04-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Confused about PreF Popup EP - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5913)