PDA

View Full Version : More HUD quirkiness since 1.10.04

Veteran68
03-31-2010, 10:59 AM
As others have noted across several sites, I've also seen more HUD quirkiness since this last update. Primarily on FullTilt, either while multi-tabling FR or playing tourneys. Perhaps it's all related to the OCR changes.

The most immediate and annoying issue is that my HUD positioning was often scrambled after the update, particularly during the prefetch period. As soon as I opened the table, the HUD would appear but panels would be moved around (I use multiple HUD panels). Sometimes it would correct itself after I play my first hand -- it's like the HUD reset itself once it imported the first HH, and remembered where it was supposed to be positioned. Most annoying though when you're trying to look at people's stats before your first hand is played, and the panels are scattered and/or overlaying each other. Then sometimes they don't correctly position themselves after the first hand, and you have to manually reposition them again. I went through this process a half-dozen times after the 1.10.04 update, saving the layout each time in Table Manager, and it finally seemed to have settled a bit until last night I played a couple of SnGs and the panels were out of whack again. Until this update I never had this problem.

I think the OCR change to support prefetch is causing a lot of issues, either directly or indirectly because maybe some existing positioning code was broken when OCR was implemented. From the problems reported with the Rush HUD (which I don't use as I don't play Rush), and now the prefetch HUD issues with sometimes not recognizing player names and losing its positions, OCR is proving very unreliable. And I'm especially opposed to table size restrictions, disabling Aero/ClearType, etc. I'd rather do without prefetch than to have to make those adjustments, and my HUD has been very stable up until now.

So is OCR used *always* now for the HUD, or just during prefetch/Rush? Because I'd like to see it only use OCR during those special cases where OCR is required, and then fall back to the prior HH-driven mode from before as it seemed more reliable. If it's actually doing that, then why does my HUD keep repositioning itself now and not always correcting after my first hand? I think I'll start disabling prefetch to see if things get better, but I was really stoked to get prefetch back and would prefer to keep it. I will say that now it seems to recognize the player names pretty reliably because all the regs have stats as soon as I open the table, it's just that sometimes their panels are scattered.

netsrak
03-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Please try without the prefetch for a test. If that works we have to take a look into your configuration.
For me the new prefetch works 95% accurate and i have no position problems and i'm multitabling on FTP too.