PDA

View Full Version : Ongame importing missing hands

piv
10-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Hi,

I play on redkings, and have the auto import set up and working, have the latest version of HM (h), however it misses hands occasionally, usually large pots - it has missed 5 buyins in the last 2 days. I think it may miss pots where there are sidepots or one player covers the other and shoves.

I have 3 userstatistics.db files, all 40mb+ , and I'm pointing OngameExtractor to the one with no date in the name, the other two files have dates from earlier this year.

Will it help if i zip this and send it to one of you guys?

urbanati
10-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Same problem here. I played a little session today, ongame session browser shows I played 702 hands being up 735$.
HM shows 634 hands, +212$.
PT2 shows 641 hands, +568$.
My real balance is +646$.
LOLOLOL...
Please do something because I really like HM but this is just disgusting!

Rvg72
10-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi, are you running PT2 and HM at the same time when playing on Ongame? If so that could be a big part of the problem.

Basically what happens is SQLite is not meant for multiple programs so when a program is grabbing hands it locks it for a split second. Now, the program that is writing to the DB (ie the Ongame Client) should deal with the locked db by waiting a split second and trying again but instead it just loses those DB instructions so what ends up happening is that the hand becomes corrupted since information is missing.

We are trying to make this better but please let me know if you run PT2 and the HM ongame importing at the same time

Roy

urbanati
10-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi, are you running PT2 and HM at the same time when playing on Ongame? If so that could be a big part of the problem.

Basically what happens is SQLite is not meant for multiple programs so when a program is grabbing hands it locks it for a split second. Now, the program that is writing to the DB (ie the Ongame Client) should deal with the locked db by waiting a split second and trying again but instead it just loses those DB instructions so what ends up happening is that the hand becomes corrupted since information is missing.

We are trying to make this better but please let me know if you run PT2 and the HM ongame importing at the same time

Roy
No, I am not running them together at the same time, I am not that dumb...

Rvg72
10-03-2008, 08:30 PM
It isn't a dumb thing to do - you can run PT2 and HM side by side on just about any site except for Ongame.

Nonetheless, I have made a number of changes to the ongame importing in 1.06.04 beta 8 which will be out tonight. if you want a sneak preview then email me at support@holdemmanager.net and we'll see if it is working better for you.

Roy

piv
10-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi roy,

I have PT2 but i'm not running it concurrently with HEM, it's far more accurate but still not perfect, I think mostly due to ongame software being dodgy as fuck.

I'll have a look at beta 8.

Rvg72
10-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Guys, please try

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta8.exe

PLEASE NOTE: You will be asked to re-enter your serial code so if you don't have it handy then e-mail me at sales@holdemmanager.net. The reason for this is I am tweaking the registration piece to make it more forgiving of hardware changes and to not check in as often to the server but changing these settings requires the code to be re-entered.

Let me know how it goes please - for me this has been the most accurate build to date for ongame

Roy

Rvg72
10-04-2008, 02:37 AM
4 tabling ran perfectly for me but bumping it to 7 caused it to miss 3 hands out of 100 for me. Still have some work to do but should be better than it was before.

Roy

yeknod
10-04-2008, 04:13 PM
i tried the new beta 8 today, it works much better than beta 7.
According to session browser (whom i dont trust either (POS ongame software) but anyways) i played 722 hands and HM got 711 without missing any big hands (btw i played between 4-7 tables during the session). During the import HM apparently also imported some hands from previous sessions, where i was missing several big hands but now they seem to be there as my winnings are pretty accurate now for the last couple days (~5k hands)

Also for the first time (for me anyways) HM actually outperformed PT2 which got less than the 711 hands from this session, and no i did not let them import at the same time.

I got one question, since i used to just use PT2 for ongame, which had this feature that u could reset the ongame-client-database, do you suggest manually deleting the database file from time to time or is this not necessary? And if it is necessary do you plan to add such a "reset database" feature to HM?

BTW thanks for the great work now that ongame support works more or less completely i can finally switch completely to HM

edit: one more thing i did not have to reenter my key after upgrading from Beta 7 to Beta 8 just fyi.

Rvg72
10-04-2008, 04:59 PM
i tried the new beta 8 today, it works much better than beta 7.
According to session browser (whom i dont trust either (POS ongame software) but anyways) i played 722 hands and HM got 711 without missing any big hands (btw i played between 4-7 tables during the session). During the import HM apparently also imported some hands from previous sessions, where i was missing several big hands but now they seem to be there as my winnings are pretty accurate now for the last couple days (~5k hands)

ok good - during the auto import is will actually go back and try to grab the last few hands from the previous session just in case some were missed although that shouldn't be a problem any more.

Also for the first time (for me anyways) HM actually outperformed PT2 which got less than the 711 hands from this session, and no i did not let them import at the same time.

Great!

I got one question, since i used to just use PT2 for ongame, which had this feature that u could reset the ongame-client-database, do you suggest manually deleting the database file from time to time or is this not necessary? And if it is necessary do you plan to add such a "reset database" feature to HM?

Go ahead and rename the DB file once in a while. I will be adding this to the HM config - actually I'll be changing the auto import quite a bit to make it much easier to setup individual sites and add site specific settings like the reset DB option.

BTW thanks for the great work now that ongame support works more or less completely i can finally switch completely to HM

edit: one more thing i did not have to reenter my key after upgrading from Beta 7 to Beta 8 just fyi.

Yeah, it didn't change between those 2 versions. The reason why this happened (and why it might happen one more time) is that I'm trying to make the licensing system more forgiving when it comes to hardware changes and also have it check into the server much less often. The bad part is that changing these settings requires you to re-enter your code - that's just the way it works. So, when 1.06.04 is official you might need to do it one more time if I further tweak the settings.

Roy

piv
10-04-2008, 11:55 PM
hi roy,

beta 8 is also working great for me, seems 100% accurate so far

keko
10-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi

I am a massive nit, so is there a way to re-import the ongame db, that contains some of the hands HM has missed?

morny
10-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Id say this will work, make a copy of the database and move it to a new folder then use the manual import feature to try and reimport, should do the trick

urbanati
10-05-2008, 01:57 PM
It seems better now, but still not perfectly accurate for me...

Shove
10-05-2008, 02:04 PM

Some big pots are missing. So I downloaded beta 8 and reimported all hands. Nothing new, every hand was a duplicate. Then I created a new db and imported all old hands. The missing hands are still not there and it imported even less hands (old db: 12800, new: 126xx).

keko
10-05-2008, 02:45 PM
ok, i tried that (im assuming you meant import->import files and pick the db file directly, not muck about with the extractor?).

it said 7 import errors, no new hands imported.
that would account for most of the missed hands --- 1542<>1531.

another question - i thought i'd track down the offending hand, but in the session tab of HM, when i pick a session (regardless of whether i have them grouped by table or day or whatever), the bottom panel, where i would expect hands to appear, remains empty. is that normal?

morny
10-05-2008, 06:14 PM

Some big pots are missing. So I downloaded beta 8 and reimported all hands. Nothing new, every hand was a duplicate. Then I created a new db and imported all old hands. The missing hands are still not there and it imported even less hands (old db: 12800, new: 126xx).

You see the problem is as Roy mentioned that sometimes the database gets locked and then when they try to write the HH then it cant because its locked and so the HH is incomplete so theres nothing we can do about hands that were incomplete however Roy has now improved this to work better to avoid this situation in the future but only since you updated to Beta 8

morny
10-05-2008, 06:16 PM
ok, i tried that (im assuming you meant import->import files and pick the db file directly, not muck about with the extractor?).

it said 7 import errors, no new hands imported.
that would account for most of the missed hands --- 1542<>1531.

another question - i thought i'd track down the offending hand, but in the session tab of HM, when i pick a session (regardless of whether i have them grouped by table or day or whatever), the bottom panel, where i would expect hands to appear, remains empty. is that normal?

No its a rare bug that happens occassionaly, have you tried rebooting as that often does the trick. If not and if you dont have too many HH maybe try creating a new database and see if it reoccurs

http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

keko
10-12-2008, 06:10 PM
I have well over 1M hands, probably closer to 2M. With my massive import speeds of 10 hands/sec, i'd rather not try to re-import the lot.

morny
10-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah its about 5.5 hours to import 2 Million hands at those speeds, maybe wait until your heading out to work or going to bed and theyll all be imported by the time you get back/wake up

keko
10-13-2008, 12:56 PM
youre off by a decimal point. 5.5 hours i can deal with. 55 hours is a bit of a stretch though.

morny
10-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah your right, just create a new database to test so at least you can rule it out, you dont need to import all your hands just some to test, If it persists then try updating to this Beta to see if it fixes the problems http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

pokernoob
10-13-2008, 03:06 PM
just to clarify about SQL locking,

will this happen if Im multitabling too much? Im multitabling until 10 tables right now, the HUD is pulling up fine but Im not too sure if all hands are imported.

im using 1.06.03h beta 10

morny
10-13-2008, 03:43 PM
No multitabling shouldnt effect that at all