PDA

View Full Version : Installation/DB Question

voxdan
03-28-2010, 03:17 PM
I am getting back into the game after a long time off. I currently have Poker Tracker 3 installed, which is what I have always used. However, as I am setting things up again I thought I would give HM a try. That said...

...Is there anything special I need to do to have both programs on my system? More specifically, how do the POSTgres DB's work? Do I have to install the DB during the HM installation, or should I unclick that because I already have it installed for Poker Tracker? During installation, is it installing a special DB just for HM, or is it installing the whole program? I am confused and don't want to screw anything up as it will take me awhile to figure out how to fix it all.

So, if I already have PT# and a POSTgres DB installed for it, what should I do when installing the HM trial?

Thanks! I can't wait to try the program but want to wait to hear from you guys so I don't screw anything up. Basically, i don't grasp DBs very well.

fozzy71
03-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Just deselect the postgresql installation option in our combo installer. WHen you launch HM it will take you to the DB Control Panel where you will need to change the default HEM DB settings to your PT3 user/pass.

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

voxdan
03-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Got it! Thanks!

So, does that mean that:

1) postgresql is a database
2) That one database program can be used by multiple programs (ie. HEM, PT3)
3) Each of those programs (HEM, PT3) make their own individual database using the postgresql program.
4) So one installation of postgresql can accommodate a variety of programs that use their own database.
5) But there is only one username and password for the postgresql database program that has to be used by all programs to access the postgresql database.

Do I understand this correctly? Thanks!

morny
03-28-2010, 11:09 PM
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes

voxdan
03-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Woo Hoo! I understand something!

Thanks Fozzy and Morny.