PDA

View Full Version : What does this error mean?

domino66
03-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Every time I start up HEM, it starts the OPTIMIZING process, and then I get this error popup.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4600/errhc.jpg

I have to click OK, which closes the window, and then HEM *seems* to function normally, but I'm still worried about just what that error means.

I did do something a little out of the ordinary, and it's this. Immediately after I downloaded the latest beta of HEM, I started it and it began the OPTIMIZATION process, and while it was still optimizing, I changed my system time in the lower-right corner of the toolbar (I noticed that it said 4:30 AM instead of PM, so i changed it to PM). I don't know if that would have had any effect on HEM, or could be related to this error, but figured I'd mention it.

Patvs
03-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Options--> Database Management--> try to REINDEX the index: playerhandsturn_pkey

Do a vacuum/analyse in pgadminIII.
If you get no errors, the reindex was successful.

If you get the same error (invalid page error in block 290, etc.) create a NEW database and reimport all your hands. The error is a sign of a corrupt database.

domino66
04-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Options--> Database Management--> try to REINDEX the index: playerhandsturn_pkey

Do a vacuum/analyse in pgadminIII.
If you get no errors, the reindex was successful.

If you get the same error (invalid page error in block 290, etc.) create a NEW database and reimport all your hands. The error is a sign of a corrupt database.

Ugh. Did the V/A, and woke up this morning to this as the last lines of text in the V/A text-window:

CPU 1.18s/1.42u sec elapsed 143.10 sec.INFO: analyzing "public.playerhandsflop"INFO: "playerhandsflop": scanned 3000 of 37308 pages, containing 321000 live rows and 0 dead rows; 3000 rows in sample, 3991956 estimated total rowsINFO: vacuuming "public.playerhandsturn"
ERROR: invalid page header in block 290 of relation "playerhandsturn_pkey"
ERROR: invalid page header in block 290 of relation "playerhandsturn_pkey"

I clicked OK and the V/A looks like it's resuming, but I'm going to guess that it did not fix whatever error I was getting.

morny
04-02-2010, 02:42 PM
When it finishes try rebuilding the index FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Fix Indexes (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/86/Fix+Indexes)

If that doesnt work it looks like a new database will need to be recreated