PDA

View Full Version : Installing PostgreSQL: Failed to run intdb: 1! Error

Mike MacIntosh
10-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I download the newest version (1.06.03h) of Holdem Manager today, planning on purchasing the software if I like it. I successfully installed HEM on my Vista machine. However I am having issues installing PostgreSQL V8.3. I have followed the instructions perfectly but am receiving an error, "Failed to run intdb: 1!", it instructed me to check the log file. The file showed, "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

I have double checked that "User Account Control" is disabled (also restarted my computer multiple times". Tried running the install file from a DOS prompt to bypass any "authorization conflicts" that could take place.

Read through a similar issue another user was experiencing here:

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=1279&highlight=initdb&page=2

I double checked the "Read & execute", "List folder contents", "Read" permissions on the "Users" account were allowed.

I dont have any Anti-virus software installed.

However the problem still persists. I am quite anxious to use the program. I will be available all day. I would be open to talking over the phone or a team viewer session to solve this issue. Please LMK ASAP.

morny
10-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi,

I really wouldnt know what else to try to be honest. As you can see from the thread i linked to in the other post even the lads on PostgreSQL were having difficulty solving the problem but this problem is beyond my knowledge of PostgreSQL.

Since they mention its possibly permission related id maybe try uninstalling my firewall/defender type programs and then uninstall and reinstall PostgerSQL then. Also assuming youve no other databases you need to backup delete the PostgreSQL folder in C:\Windows Awell.

Other than that id say your best bet is the PostgreSQL forums

Mike MacIntosh
10-02-2008, 09:38 PM
I found a solution to this issue that i know many others are having with vista.

Basically you need to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package from one of these two locations:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … 0B62A191EE

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en

Then you need to run the PostgresSQL install file from the C: prompt.

Bini
07-07-2009, 04:52 AM
Hey Mike, im heving the same problem, did u found a solution?

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 07:51 AM
This thread is 8 months old, so I am not sure if he is going to reply. He posted his solution above your post.

Skills
07-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I had this problem today. To fix it I changed the names of the account and the service it was to be installed under. It was my 20th attempt installing it.

spidiii
09-08-2009, 07:53 PM
i am having the same problem
installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package
and changed usernames
have been trying to get it runing for 2 hours but i dont get it running
any updates?
my computer skills are not that great;) and everything in english
i have windows vista and it is working on my other notebook with vista
so weird
on my other notebook it was working right away without making any changes

hope to get some help

ty

fozzy71
09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.

Skills
09-09-2009, 08:32 AM
i am having the same problem
installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package
and changed usernames
have been trying to get it runing for 2 hours but i dont get it running
any updates?
my computer skills are not that great;) and everything in english
i have windows vista and it is working on my other notebook with vista
so weird
on my other notebook it was working right away without making any changes

hope to get some help

ty

In the end I had to reinstall windows vista from scratch. Took it to a pc place and they did it all for $150 and reinstalled 70% of my apps and all my data. Spent days on this. Pay your $150 and be done with it.