PDA

View Full Version : HEM won't open

mjroussin
03-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Hello,

I have been running Holdem Manager on my computer for a while with no problems. I recently had a virus and worked with a computer technician to clean it up. The technician said my computer is running perfectly and I currently have no viruses. I am running Windows XP SP3 with all updates installed. I am using Avast! Free Edition for my antivirus and also run SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes regularly to protect against spyware. Ever since my computer has been up and running again, the only thing that does not work is Holdem Manager. Every time I try to open the program i get the following message:

In order to use Holdem Manager an Administrator must grant permission to run the software at least once.

Under this there is a place that says "Credentials" and then gives 2 fields asking for a username and a password. I AM the administrator on my computer and I am logged in as the administrator. I only have one user profile on my computer and it is set as the administrator. I also have no username and password. My computer logs in to my profile by default with no password set for the profile.

When I cancel this, the program opens in trial mode. It gives me the option to register and when I click this it has my registration code already saved in the field where it is asked for. If I try to register it will fail every time. I have a valid key and it was working fine. I received remote support from an employee I was connected to through emailing support. The tech connected to my computer using TeamViewer and attempted to fix the problem, but could not figure it out. He worked on it for a good half hour and could not figure out a solution. He said he had never seen this problem before. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this problem and knows how to fix it. The tech set all the files to "run as administrator" and changed the .exe files to be shared for all users and it still will not bypass this prompt for a username and password. Any ideas??

netsrak
03-26-2010, 06:51 AM
You should stay in contact with our support via mail, we are internally discussing your problem.

Sorte-knægt
07-20-2010, 12:27 PM
I am having the same problem today, and can't find a solution anywhere.

Does anybody know what to do?

I am using win 7 bythe way.

netsrak
07-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Please give us a description of your problem, error message, screenshot of the error.

Sorte-knægt
07-22-2010, 06:47 AM
My problem was almost exactly the same as OP described, but I figured it out myself (finally).

I created another adm. account in win 7 and registered without any problems from that account instead. Then I logged on to my original adm. account and everything is working as normal again :eek: