PDA

View Full Version : Why does HUD not work for sngs?

dynamite140
03-25-2010, 09:39 PM
I helped someone through aim to install HEM. He is using the 15 day trial. I helped him with what stats to put on their hud.

However, today he tells me that the HUD works for him in cash game but NOT for DoNs and sngs. DoNs is what he primarily plays. Can someone tell me why the HUD does not work for him? I can't really see whats going on his computer since we live in different countries.

Why does the HUD not work for him ? He has it configured correctly as default with the stats. Its shows for cash games but not sngs/dons.

Fozzy?

Okay now he tells me it doesn't work for cash games as well for him sometimes. But it never works for the DoNs.

Fozzy do you have any clue what me and him did wrong here? I gave him the directions to configure it and everything is the same since i read what i have on my HEM to him and it was the same thing.

Patvs
03-25-2010, 10:14 PM
I can't really see whats going on his computer since we live in different countries.

You CAN actually :) If you both install TEAMVIEWER (or Mikogo... or Skype)
And you can see your friend's desktop, control his mouse, solve his problem.

Let your friend email support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, if he wants one of the admins to contact him for help.

dynamite140
03-25-2010, 10:45 PM
hey is there anyway i can help him with it? I'm not sure he understands all these configurations. I would prefer to know what steps to take and then i can tell him about it.

I recalled when i installed HEM last year, i also had the same problem but forgot how to fix it.

Can you or fozzy tell me the steps because he does not go on forums and might have problems explaining everything to you. Also, he is on his free trial at the moment and only has about 8 days left on the trial.

Patvs
03-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Make sure the hand histories are in English.
Check his auto import folders.
HUD OPTIONS--> Player Preferences--> USE FOR tab---> set it to any site/Tourney is selected

Read: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn%27t+Work)

dynamite140
03-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Hey. The person im helping uses XP like me. He has it already like this. Have you heard of anyone that has this problem as the HUD works in cash but not sngs/dons?

netsrak
03-26-2010, 06:56 AM
This usually means that his Pokerclient is not in english language.

dynamite140
03-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Does it HAVE to be in english?

netsrak
03-27-2010, 05:58 AM
yes