PDA

View Full Version : Hud not auto-launching any more

Skesis
10-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Using beta 5, the new one. It's more than likely something I've done as it was working yesterday and not today. It's set to auto-launch with auto-import. Going to Relaunch HUD does nothing, but if I open the HUD directly from the Holdem Manager folder it works fine.

morny
10-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Works fine for me in Beta 5, are you sure it aint in the taskbar beside the clock. If it continues then copy a shortcut from the HMhud.exe file in the HM folder and then use that to launch it.

Skesis
10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I've now updated to beta 7, still not auto-launching. If I launch it manually from the HEM folder it's fine, is there a setting somewhere in the config file that I need to change? Seems like it should be simple enough to fix.

morny
10-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Most likely its a firewall issue also make sure Launch Hud with Auto Import is selected in Hud Options. Try adding HmHud.exe to your firewall/antivirus/defender programs

Skesis
10-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Autolaunch is selected, tried turning it off then on again and still nothing. HM and the HUD are fully allowed on all my security software. Is there somewhere in the script that tells HEM where to look for the HUD? Even when I choose "Relaunch HUD" nothing happens so it's as if it doesn't know where the HUD executable is.

Edit: Don't know if this is relevant but the HUD won't start from a shortcut either. I put a shortcut on my desktop and pinned one to the start menu and they do nothing. Weird. Have to go into the HEM folder and double click it every time.

Rvg72
10-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Autolaunch is selected, tried turning it off then on again and still nothing. HM and the HUD are fully allowed on all my security software. Is there somewhere in the script that tells HEM where to look for the HUD? Even when I choose "Relaunch HUD" nothing happens so it's as if it doesn't know where the HUD executable is.

Edit: Don't know if this is relevant but the HUD won't start from a shortcut either. I put a shortcut on my desktop and pinned one to the start menu and they do nothing. Weird. Have to go into the HEM folder and double click it every time.

I'm not exactly sure why this sometimes happens and I have also seen that the shortcut does not work (which is completely independent of HM). I believe it has something to do with permission or security but haven't been able to figure it out yet

Roy

Skesis
10-08-2008, 08:37 PM
HUD has started to get buggier, now my notes don't work at all. When I click to open the notes window it only highlights the players stats? I'm going to try just uninstall/reinstall again, what do I need to save so I have all my settings? Last time I when I copied the contents of the "config" folder back in I still had to set up all my auto-imports etc.

Forgot to mention - using beta 8 just now.

Skesis
10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Bump.:)

AKallin
10-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi, I cannot get the HUD to work at all for several months now. I stopped playing poker for awhile and didnt care at the time, but I have upgraded to the latest version 1.06.04 beta 10, and several versions in between, and still the HUD just never appears. Not even the white popup window does. I have no popup blocker and my firewall never caught HmHud.exe so there was no rule in place. I went ahead and added a rule to allow anyway, but that solved nothing.

morny
10-10-2008, 04:48 PM
HUD has started to get buggier, now my notes don't work at all. When I click to open the notes window it only highlights the players stats? I'm going to try just uninstall/reinstall again, what do I need to save so I have all my settings? Last time I when I copied the contents of the "config" folder back in I still had to set up all my auto-imports etc.

Forgot to mention - using beta 8 just now.

Can you try closing HM and deleting the default_Mainpopup.pop from the config folder in holdem manager and restarting HM also try Beta 10 http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe and when your backing up the config files the holdemmanager.config holds your auto import details.

Hi, I cannot get the HUD to work at all for several months now. I stopped playing poker for awhile and didnt care at the time, but I have upgraded to the latest version 1.06.04 beta 10, and several versions in between, and still the HUD just never appears. Not even the white popup window does. I have no popup blocker and my firewall never caught HmHud.exe so there was no rule in place. I went ahead and added a rule to allow anyway, but that solved nothing.

Please start a new thread and attach your prefs.xml file and your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder

AKallin
10-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Ok actually I just tried double clicking the HmHud.exe itself in the HM folder and it works fine. It just wont auto launch when I begin the import process, nor will it launch when I click "relaunch hud" from the HUD options drop down box.

morny
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Were working on this at the moment, seems be be a problem only for some people. You can right click that hmhud.exe and choose send to > Desktop and it will create a shortcut for you

Skesis
10-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Can you try closing HM and deleting the default_Mainpopup.pop from the config folder in holdem manager and restarting HM

OK I think we're getting somewhere. I have no default_Mainpopup.pop file in the config folder:D.

morny
10-10-2008, 04:58 PM
ok well thats not the problem so, if that file is there it can cause popups and notes not to work. Have you tried the Beta 10, does it still not show notes at all?

Skesis
10-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Seems the notes have been working all along, just realised it's single click not double click.:D Has that changed? Nice that double click does session stats, didn't know that. Hud still not autolaunching but not a major problem.