PDA

View Full Version : Slow Imports

muddyjeremy
10-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I have gone through and deleted most of my hand histories by using the purge function after having a databased of millions of hands. I have also vacuum analyzed my database after doing this. I have been having the problem all all along of extremely slow imports. I use a high speed raptor hard drive but have been getting less than 1 hand per sec imports. Now the import says "1 of 11 large files been imported" and I'm not getting any hud display at all. When the hud was working it would often not adjust to my seating position. Could someone please help? I'm in the middle of doing a defrag on my drive as we speak I'm going to see if that will help. Also when I try to stop the service windows pops up and tells me there is an unhandled exception and I have to shut it down manually.

morny
10-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Maybe we can setup a www.teamviewer.com session and i can have a look after youve done the defrag morny@holdemmanager.net

muddyjeremy
10-02-2008, 10:52 AM
I could do the meeting any time after 6:00 Central Time. Could you let me know when would be good for you?

morny
10-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I wont be available today as im on a half day but if you email me ill do my best to be available whatever time suits tommorrow.

muddyjeremy
10-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Do you mean PM you? If not please let me know email address I should use to contact you.

muddyjeremy
10-03-2008, 07:59 AM
I had 600MB of temp files that the importer was sorting through every time it did an import. Is there a way (PT2 had an ability to move processed files at exit from the program) to move the files that you have already imported from the original folder Full Tilt saves to without having to manually do it?

morny
10-03-2008, 09:00 AM
email is morny@holdemmanager.net sorry forgot to include it.

Yeah delete your auto import folder and reset it up like in the FAQ to move processed files http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=142

muddyjeremy
10-08-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm still having trouble with really slow imports, the program is saying moving parts of large file even after I clear out my temp files. Is there anything you can do to help me? I don't know what to do at this point.