piet51
03-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi
Step 8 is not working( hem 1.10.04)
gives an error message
---------------------------------------------
Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
The Connection is broken.
bij Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.NextResult()
bij Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader..ctor(IEnumerable`1 dataEnumeration, CommandBehavior behavior, NpgsqlCommand command, NotificationThreadBlock threadBlock, Boolean synchOnReadError)
bij Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb)
bij Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cb)
bij Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
bij PostgresConnection.f_OlDbReader(String query)
bij b.h(Int32 A_0, Boolean A_1, DateTime A_2, DateTime A_3, DateTime A_4)
bij LeakBuster2._5.UCStep8.FillOpponents(Int32 nbOpponents)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

please have a look
Piet

Julie
03-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi
Step 8 is not working( hem 1.10.04)
gives an error message
---------------------------------------------
Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
The Connection is broken.
bij Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.NextResult()
bij Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader..ctor(IEnumerable`1 dataEnumeration, CommandBehavior behavior, NpgsqlCommand command, NotificationThreadBlock threadBlock, Boolean synchOnReadError)
bij Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb)
bij Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cb)
bij Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteReader()
bij PostgresConnection.f_OlDbReader(String query)
bij b.h(Int32 A_0, Boolean A_1, DateTime A_2, DateTime A_3, DateTime A_4)
bij LeakBuster2._5.UCStep8.FillOpponents(Int32 nbOpponents)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

please have a look
Piet

Piet,

Can you close and re-open HEM and see if this error occurs again. We have yet to be able to duplicate this error message.

MASTERHOLMES
03-24-2010, 11:51 PM
however my hem freezes up to a big white screen when i click on the program,, and i still got a screen up leakbuster is obtaining your data pelase be patient.. after a moment, 2 minutes, and that was just 25 opponents.
I closed it down for the second time.

Leak Buster Support
03-25-2010, 12:34 AM
This step does take a long time, especially on large databases. LB has to grab all of the stats, and then essentially run a step 2 type analysis on every single opponent. We are working on having HM possibly change some of the indexing of the data to make it quicker. In the interm we're going to add a 10 opponents option, along with a way to cancel once you start a search.

MASTERHOLMES
03-25-2010, 12:42 AM
my database of no limi is pretty small like 21447, and so if it doens't do it in two minutes ,, i would shudder how long it would take someone with a way bigger database of mine.
I wonder if it is the differentiating between omaha and six that is slowing it down as before it was really fast.

Leak Buster Support
03-25-2010, 02:52 AM
my database of no limi is pretty small like 21447, and so if it doens't do it in two minutes ,, i would shudder how long it would take someone with a way bigger database of mine.
I wonder if it is the differentiating between omaha and six that is slowing it down as before it was really fast.

I wouldn't think so, but I'll ask the developer about this. I know for mine, which is pretty large, it takes a long time. Like I said, it's exactly like running step 2 of leak buster on 25 people, except they are non-optimized database tables. If you took all of the names on that list, and optimized them, then it would be pretty quick. We don't expect people to do that of course though. :) But we are exploring options on speeding that section up.

piet51
03-25-2010, 03:29 AM
Piet,

Can you close and re-open HEM and see if this error occurs again. We have yet to be able to duplicate this error message.

Ok , I restarted Hem , Step 8 keeps not working ( I waited for 1 hour
I choose for last month of data and active players also for the last month).

Then I restarted Win 7 and HEM and tried again , also no difference

So Step 8 at my PC is NOT working

I am ready for a TEamviewer session
if this helps you to detect the problem !!

Grts
Piet