PDA

View Full Version : HM is not importing all hands / Import error

Luccasriedo
03-23-2010, 07:06 PM
I am having some problems with HM.
I bought some hands and I can't import them. When I select the folder
that they are in and it starts to import, the hands are all "import errors". A friend of mine imported them normally. What can I do ?

I made a session right now and played something like 500 hands. The
table manager was showing exactly my profit and the quantity of hands.
But when i look at "Sessions" on HM, it shows me only 330 hands on
that session and 2/3 of my profit.

^^ This happened again.

Sorry for my english

netsrak
03-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Please create a new database and try to import the hands into this database.

DONNYBOY
03-24-2010, 03:01 PM
I have suddenly started having the same problem... All hands I'm trying to import are coming up as errors. It started when I was downloading another large file - got through 140k hands, then the last ten came up that there was an import error. I assumed the file was corrupted and ignored it. Then when I tried downloading from the next file, all hands were corrupted. And the next file, and the next file...

If I make a new database, I assume I will have to transfer all hands across? My db is quite large and that could take some time - is there any other way to sort this problem?

fozzy71
03-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Are you importing mined hands? What type of files? HM seems to have issues with HUGE XML files from HH mining sites. Try breaking up the file into smaller files. If you still have problems you can create a new DB and try to import one of the files to the new DB. If you still can't get them to import Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.com

DONNYBOY
03-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Thank you. Breaking the big files into smaller ones seems to be working.

xman0408
03-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Thank you. Breaking the big files into smaller ones seems to be working.

I am having the same issue. Did you create a new database and also how small should the file be?

Vader
03-28-2010, 12:01 PM
sorry, but how can I break these XML files?

DONNYBOY
03-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Sorry for taking so long to reply. Split the file into 5 smaller ones, each ranging from 25 to 40 HHs in each one. Didn't need to open a new database, they imported into my existing one.

morny
03-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi,

please email one of those big ones that wont import and ill look into it support@holdemmanager.net

DONNYBOY
03-28-2010, 01:22 PM
sorry, but how can I break these XML files?

When you open the folder you should see a whole load of files inside. Create a few new folders there, label them 1 to 5 or whatever. Then copy and paste the files across a bunch at a time, say 25 into each folder (or however many you're trying to copy).

Once that's done, import from these files. Should work fine.

phillitup
04-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I've had this same problem, and I have tried a lot of things to find a workaround.

Splitting the files up will generally work, but is a real drag to do, and sometimes I had to split the splits.

Rebooting the computer worked for me once.

My current solution, which is working without import errors so far, is to put the HH on a separate, external drive. It slows down the h/s to about 12.0, but works fine. So far.

I think my problems originated with neither HEM or Postgres, but rather the R/W of my 2 year old drive.

Anyway, try a 2nd drive, it'll prolly work.