PDA

View Full Version : Is the server down again?

Tom888
03-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Can't get it to work...and it's taking me to the Register Now page and making HEM hang like yesterday.

Any ideas?

Romxn
03-23-2010, 03:50 AM
I have the same problem.

Julie
03-23-2010, 03:56 AM
We want to acknowledge your responses and are looking into the issue. We will alert you with any updates. Thank you for your patience.

Zosso
03-23-2010, 05:16 AM
I have the same problem.

me too

TiGeR79
03-23-2010, 09:51 AM
+1

strk
03-23-2010, 10:03 AM
This is pretty bad. I have paid for this product, it uses data that resides only on my machine, WHY CAN I NOT USE IT? Please fix your licensing code so that I can use what I paid good money for.

edit to add: how come I can use HEM without an internet connection, but leakbuster still uses a retarded enough license management system that I am assumed to be a criminal unless it can contact the server? Way to treat paying customers. A+

Tom888
03-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Bump.

Zosso
03-23-2010, 10:11 AM
This is pretty bad. I have paid for this product, it uses data that resides only on my machine, WHY CAN I NOT USE IT? Please fix your licensing code so that I can use what I paid good money for.
/bump

this has to be fixed. i wanna use my leak buster anytime. even when your license-server isnt running or in my holyday house without internet connection. Same for HEM. I like to use it when im not online for analysis. Change this so it can be used offline.

Zosso
03-23-2010, 10:34 AM

edit to add: how come I can use HEM without an internet connection, but leakbuster still uses a retarded enough license management system that I am assumed to be a criminal unless it can contact the server? Way to treat paying customers. A+

I CAN'T use HEM without Internet connection. Its asking for activiation. How's come that you can use it without IC?

Zosso
03-23-2010, 10:36 AM
i bought the full HEM and Adds a 2 days ago (450Bucks). Used Pokertracker 2+3 for almost 4 years. I could use PT everywhere. HEM has some cool features PT doesnt have, but HEM license system is now i real shock for me.

PS: No sorry remember had this in PT3 a while ago too.

But make the license stored local and check for a valid license while playing online poker. Im sure there are plenty of ways to make it work offline but still can validate the product from time to time

Tom888
03-23-2010, 10:42 AM
I must say that Zosso makes a very fair point.

Constantly needing Internet verification does mean that the programme can't be used offline and that's a weakness.

I'd certainly think that a change in your licence checking system would be beneficial.

And, of course you can see how vulnerable you are when your server goes tits up.

strk
03-23-2010, 10:46 AM
I can use HEM without an internet connection. I believe that it saves whatever the license server serves up for 15 days (read that somewhere, i think--never personally tried more than a day, but that works for me).

If you really think your customers are criminals, this would be the way to go about licensing. It still tastes bad, but nowhere near as bad as not being able to use a product you paid for that *doesn't*depend* on anything on a server when the server barfs. Especially when the product is best suited for away-from-the-table analysis!

That shows a level of contempt for your paying customers that is quite astonishing, and I think unprecedented. Like I said before, A+: innovation in this respect is not easy!

Zosso
03-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Is someone doing something? The server is now not respondig for more then 12 hours!!!

raller
03-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Really hope for a quick resolution of this. Need to access leak buster asap.

strk
03-23-2010, 11:53 AM
The server is now not respondig for more then 12 hours!!!

at least 36 hours, actually, if you don't count a small window of time it was reported up yesterday

Wietse
03-23-2010, 12:20 PM
looks like nobody is able to use leakbuster when this happens?

Tom888
03-23-2010, 12:51 PM
It seems to me that if the server is so unreliable then you should take the licensing verification element off line so that the whole community of users isn't sitting around waiting for a computer fix.

If this can't be done then there's a clear learning point. You can't put your product out of action for over a day and not even give us any updates on when it will be fixed.

Can we have an update, please.

Fumseck
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM
I hope you guys make some sort of change into the licensing. It does not make sense we cannot use LeakBuster when we want /need to.

Leak Buster Support
03-23-2010, 01:06 PM
We've never had any of these issues, and it's internal on our server. We are working through it. Lot's of software functions this way, and until this point we have had zero issues with our server.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and it will be resolved shortly.

And sorry, it hasn't been down for 36 hours. It was down for a few hours the other day, and went back down now. It's being worked on now, and it won't be an issue.

It seems it's a hardware issue, and it's being resolved now. The fan wasn't operating properly, so it is getting fixed, and will be back up shortly.

Leak Buster Support
03-23-2010, 01:12 PM
I can use HEM without an internet connection. I believe that it saves whatever the license server serves up for 15 days (read that somewhere, i think--never personally tried more than a day, but that works for me).

If you really think your customers are criminals, this would be the way to go about licensing. It still tastes bad, but nowhere near as bad as not being able to use a product you paid for that *doesn't*depend* on anything on a server when the server barfs. Especially when the product is best suited for away-from-the-table analysis!

That shows a level of contempt for your paying customers that is quite astonishing, and I think unprecedented. Like I said before, A+: innovation in this respect is not easy!

HM, and many other products use the same process that we do. If you don't have an internet connection, you can't use HM or a lot of products (you'd be surprised). It's unfortunate that this issue occured (and we are on PST, and didn't know it went down until this morning).

Romxn
03-23-2010, 01:32 PM
First of all excuse for my English.
I am the user of your product and until recently with it was very happy and considered the fact of LB's purchase is +EV.

But recently I am very strongly disappointed with that for its high-grade use to me is necessary to have constant hi-speed Internet connection. :(
You certainly can be understood, you try to be protected from pirates. But, as the majority of other software developers, because of security measures your respectable lawful users who have paid the money for your product first of all suffer.
The theme of online verification of the licence is already in detail considered in the given discussion. I would like to pay in addition your attention to one inconvenience of use of your product - for viewing of video which are a part LeakBuster also is necessary high-speed Internet connection. Recently I had to spend more than 40 minutes to load the video about HUD and all that during that moment at my order was only terribly slow GPRS. Why not to add in your product possibility of local preservation of video? :confused:

Leak Buster Support
03-23-2010, 01:39 PM
First of all excuse for my English.
I am the user of your product and until recently with it was very happy and considered the fact of LB's purchase is +EV.

But recently I am very strongly disappointed with that for its high-grade use to me is necessary to have constant hi-speed Internet connection. :(
You certainly can be understood, you try to be protected from pirates. But, as the majority of other software developers, because of security measures your respectable lawful users who have paid the money for your product first of all suffer.
The theme of online verification of the licence is already in detail considered in the given discussion. I would like to pay in addition your attention to one inconvenience of use of your product - for viewing of video which are a part LeakBuster also is necessary high-speed Internet connection. Recently I had to spend more than 40 minutes to load the video about HUD and all that during that moment at my order was only terribly slow GPRS. Why not to add in your product possibility of local preservation of video? :confused:

I understand your concern, but video does need to be stored on a server (and it is stored on a seperate server, not the license server) because of the size, and the dynamic nature of what leak buster does. If you stored it locally it would be several gigs of data, and that's not realistic for users to have to download. Additionally, the dynamic part allows us to update and easily add lots of new content w/o you having the download several gigs of data with each update of the program.

Leak Buster Support
03-23-2010, 01:50 PM
It's back online now. We've replaced the fan and we're monitoring it, but it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Sorry about the inconvenience everyone. We've been running the server with zero issues for over 6 months. It appears it was a minor hardware issue, but the worst case scenario occurred where it goes down after our hours, and we don't know about it until the morning. If it had gone down during our day, it would have been right back up.

Romxn
03-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I understand your concern, but video does need to be stored on a server (and it is stored on a seperate server, not the license server) because of the size, and the dynamic nature of what leak buster does. If you stored it locally it would be several gigs of data, and that's not realistic for users to have to download. Additionally, the dynamic part allows us to update and easily add lots of new content w/o you having the download several gigs of data with each update of the program.

Well, listen. I do not speak about an extreme case when all videos the installation package joins. I speak only about possibility locally to keep chosen video. Why not to give the chance to the user of a choice: look video in online or keep what is interesting to you?

"... that's not realistic for users to have to download" - users all the same download this video at viewing. Besides if someone wants to look repeatedly after a while video, it should download it again.

MinusEV
03-23-2010, 02:40 PM
HM, and many other products use the same process that we do. If you don't have an internet connection, you can't use HM or a lot of products (you'd be surprised).

I don't think this is correct. HM works fine without an internet connection. I believe it used to work the way it seems Leak Buster does, but they changed quite a while ago, at least partly because it caused trouble for a lot of users.

Tom888
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
I understand your "out of hours" problems but some of us live in Europe and we're 6+ hours in front of you...so it ain't "out of hours" for us.

You can have this outage for free but the goodwill disappears next time it happens. Honest.

Leak Buster Support
03-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I understand your "out of hours" problems but some of us live in Europe and we're 6+ hours in front of you...so it ain't "out of hours" for us.

You can have this outage for free but the goodwill disappears next time it happens. Honest.

The point was that it was bad timing on the outage. It literally went down minutes after we close up for the day/evening.

I'm sorry it's upset you so much. We of course wish it didn't happen, but I assure you we are doing everything to prevent it from happening again. We're going to implement a new system that will allow for leak buster start up even if a situation like this occurs again. Hopefully it should be in by next code update (it's being worked on now).

We appreciate our customers very much. We've made an honest commitment to providing free training, free bonus material, poker theory workshops as a thank you to the loyal customers who support our software. I don't know of many other software development teams that offer those things. So a little patience and understanding for this issue that's now been resolved is appreciated. Thanks again.

Leak Buster Support
03-23-2010, 10:24 PM
We are updating and testing something right now. We also have new code that should be released in the next HM update that is going on tonight / tomorrow that will avoid this issue in the future.

Tom888
03-24-2010, 02:29 AM
I think it's fair to say that you have a very appreciative client base here and we support your work and appreciate the value added elements that you're adding.

It doesn't go unnoticed.

The frustration sets in when we can't use the product off-line and I'm sure there's a sensible way to resolve this issue to the benefit of all concerned.

Nobody got killed here...so it's not a major issue....but it's a frustrating one nonetheless.

Fumseck
03-24-2010, 09:52 AM
It is still down?

I can't connect.

You mentioned a new download. Will that be included in the normal hM update or will it be a separate dl?

I know problem solving these knid of things is not always easy.

Thanks for looking into it.

Pilch
03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Just bought HM with Leakbuster today, having used PT3 since its existence.

Disappointingly, I can't now connect to get Leakbuster up and running - has the server problem returned?

Leak Buster Support
03-24-2010, 01:14 PM
We are working through some major server errors. We will have everything working again shortly. We have new code to HM that will also help prevent this problem in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, and that you for your patience.

Leak Buster Support
03-24-2010, 01:48 PM
I think it's fair to say that you have a very appreciative client base here and we support your work and appreciate the value added elements that you're adding.

It doesn't go unnoticed.

The frustration sets in when we can't use the product off-line and I'm sure there's a sensible way to resolve this issue to the benefit of all concerned.

Nobody got killed here...so it's not a major issue....but it's a frustrating one nonetheless.

Absolutely understandable of course. We've had some pretty unexpected serious hardware failures, and it caused more issues than we anticipated at first. We do appreciate your patience and we are literally working 24/7 to get this working so the issue doesn't occur again.

Fishin4money
03-24-2010, 07:49 PM
update? still down? I havent tried.

Leak Buster Support
03-24-2010, 08:02 PM
update? still down? I havent tried.

Yes, it's been up since 11am PST today. We basically completely replaced the server. :) We also released new code with the 1.10.04 release that won't have to check the server with every launch of Leak Buster. So if something strange ever happened like this again, you shouldn't be effected. NOTE: If you update to .04 you MAY have to re-enter your license code. If you can't find it for some reason, you can contact our support and they will send it to you: Support@Acepokersolutions.com

Thanks for everyone's patience. We'll make up the inconvenience to you soon. You guys will like the members area once it's launched. :)