PDA

View Full Version : Very Frustrated - Please Help

avaholic
03-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Please help me figure this out before I throw my computer out the window...

I had originally purchased Holdem and Omaha Manager in the small stakes version and installed it on both my laptop and my desktop.

I bought a new laptop and at the same time upgraded to the full version of both Holdem and Omaha Managers and had no problem installing on my new laptop. I cancelled my old registration code and updated to the new registration code on my laptop at that time.

Now, I cannot get the programs to work on my desktop computer. I have tried restarting it, I have tried updating the softaware, I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the software, and nothing works.

When I open the program on my desktop it tells me that I need to activate my software. When I click activate, it takes me to another screen that says that activation was successful. Then it takes me to another screen that says there was a problem with my registration code. Finally, it takes me to a screen that has some trouble shooting tips and it shows my old registration code. I have tried all of those tips and cannot get it to work. I see no where that I can put in my new registration code.

This is really pissing me off and seems ridiculous that it should be this hard. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to get this problem fixed? Tomorrow is Sunday and I have a full day of tournaments planned and am going to be really upset if I can't get this working.

Thank you...

fozzy71
03-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Enable the options to see Hidden Files and System Protected Files: How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html)

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/images/hidden.jpg

1. Delete C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat (Program Files (x86) if you have th
e 64bit version)

2. Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

3. Update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If you can't find those files, DO NOT delete any other files with similar names.

Please send your Reg.log from the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs folder to support@holdemmanager.com.

avaholic
03-21-2010, 12:38 PM
I saw this posted on the stickies but this makes no sense to me

avaholic
03-21-2010, 02:28 PM
I have emailed support...how long do they take to respond?

fozzy71
03-21-2010, 03:08 PM
I saw this posted on the stickies but this makes no sense to me

What part don't you understand? Did you try any of the steps?

I have emailed support...how long do they take to respond?

Did you send your reglog file? Typically 3 - 6 hours but on the weekend we are less heavily staffed so it might take 12 - 24 hours to get a response some times.

_Loki_
03-21-2010, 03:10 PM
What doesn't make sense to you ?
Where do you get stuck ?

avaholic
03-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Ok...I got the steps on the sticky to work and still no success...

I don't have a file called:
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat

but I deleted the other file and still no luck...

Yes, when I emailed support I attached my relog file

avaholic
03-21-2010, 03:44 PM
What doesn't make sense to you ?
Where do you get stuck ?

I'm a computer moron if you couldn't tell...but after some time figured these steps out...thanks though.

Still didn't solve my problem...

fozzy71
03-21-2010, 03:54 PM
1) Open your Internet Explorer and go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections and click on "LAN-Settings" at the bottom.
2) Uncheck every box in the small new menu and click ok.
3) Try to register HM again.

If that didn't work, try this:

1. Shutdown Hold'em Manager
2. Navigate to your RVG Software/Holdem Manager/Config folder
3. Create a file called LicDebug.txt
4. Restart Hold'em Manager

You should hopefully be able to enter your code now. Once you have done this close Hold'em Manager, delete LicDebug.txt and restart Hold'em Manager.

If you still are unable to register, please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer . I schedule support from 12:00 - 22:00 EDT, 7 days a week.

avaholic
03-21-2010, 04:19 PM
1) Open your Internet Explorer and go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections and click on "LAN-Settings" at the bottom.
2) Uncheck every box in the small new menu and click ok.
3) Try to register HM again.

If that didn't work, try this:

1. Shutdown Hold'em Manager
2. Navigate to your RVG Software/Holdem Manager/Config folder
3. Create a file called LicDebug.txt
4. Restart Hold'em Manager

You should hopefully be able to enter your code now. Once you have done this close Hold'em Manager, delete LicDebug.txt and restart Hold'em Manager.

If you still are unable to register, please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer . I schedule support from 12:00 - 22:00 EDT, 7 days a week.

None of this worked.

Any availability for the teamviewer today?

morny
03-21-2010, 09:31 PM
email support@holdemmanager.net and let us know what time and timezone youd like to schedule for

avaholic
03-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Just want to say that Fozzy is the man.

He got everything taken care of for me over a teamviewer session.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the support.

Gloria
03-24-2010, 12:46 PM
I have the same problem how u solve it?

avaholic
03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Honestly...I have no idea how he fixed it, but it took him maybe about 10 minutes over a teamviewer session to get everything going and set up properly.

I would just email support and ask for a teamviewer session.

fozzy71
03-24-2010, 03:57 PM
I have the same problem how u solve it?

Please send your Reg.log file from the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs folder, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.com