PDA

View Full Version : cant install postgres on windows 7

foldforchips
03-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Hello
im was using hem for a long time on windows xp and everything worked fine.
Now i have a new pc with windows 7 and tried to install hem and postgres with the comboinstaller from this forum but short before the end of the installation i get the message : cannot install postgres

I already read all threads i could find about this theme and tried several things mentioned in the faq as uac and firewal ... but it is still not working,
PLEASE HELP !!

morny
03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator

net user postgres /delete
B) Reboot.
C) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Postgres_8.3.9-v1.0.7.exe

foldforchips
03-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks for ur answer. i did what u said and installation was succesful.
when i open hem noe i get this message :

Connection Error: FATAL : 28000: Passwort-Authetifizierung für Benutzer postgres fehlgeschlagen

and a lot of lines starting with : Npgsql......

Please help me again ....

morny
03-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Did you try rebooting? Did the postgreSQL service start after rebooting Control Panel / Admin Tools / Services and scroll to PostgreSQL and see if it started

foldforchips
03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
yes, after i rebooted.
Can i please get a teamviewer session ?

morny
03-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi,

Please email me and we can do a teamviewer session, just download teamviewer from TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet (http://www.teamviewer.com) and let me know a suitable time GMT in advance. Teamviewer allows me to access your computer to fix the problem.

When we agree a suitable time you just need to send me the ID and password that Teamviewer creates to get access to your PC

support@holdemmanager.net

Thanks
Morny

foldforchips
03-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Thank u, already sent a mail