PDA

View Full Version : stats questions

martin dtc
03-20-2010, 04:19 PM
i had some questions after using my hud for the first time...

I want to use 3bet Preflop, 4bet Preflop, Fold to preflop 3bet and Fold to preflop 4bet in my HUD. But I can only find 3bet, 4bet, fold to 3bet and fold to 4bet. How do I make sure I only get the information for these stats by the preflop game?

I used to have Agg.Freq. in my HUD. But I couldnt found that stat, so I used the Agg.Punc. But I noticed agg.punc. is lower than aggfreq , whats the difference and how can I use AggFreq ?

_Loki_
03-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi Martin dtc

###############
PREFLOP STATS:
Looking at this FAQ I am 90% sure those stats do not exist for the HUD display in HM:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stat Definitions (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/Stat+Definitions#aggression)
but don't take my word - wait for a support answer

###############
AGGRO:
There are two measures of aggro in HM & it's different from PT3 & here are my edited extracts from the above link...

A] Aggression factor is calculated like this:
[number of Bets + number of Raises] divided by number of Calls
So it's NOT A PERCENTAGE. It's a fraction converted into a decimal number
If someone always bets & raises & never calls you would get an infinite number & your HUD will show 'inf'
But you only ever see 'inf' in the HUD for players you only have a small sample on
I play 6max NL cash & the range I would expect for an OK or good player would be 1.5 to 4.5 with more than say 9.0 being someone who plays any old hands

B] Agg percentage can be anything from 0-100%
It's based on an aggressive action on each street. So if I bet the turn and the river but check the flop I would have 66% Agg Pct because I made 2 out of 3 aggressive actions
I'm not familiar with this stat, but I would expect B] to be a lot higher than A]

###############
I hope this helps you a little

_Loki_
03-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Also this thread might help you - read the 2 posts by PatVS
Please note the numbers are for 6max though

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-general/26908-statistic-understanding.html

Ajax
03-21-2010, 02:06 AM
I want to use 3bet Preflop, 4bet Preflop, Fold to preflop 3bet and Fold to preflop 4bet in my HUD. But I can only find 3bet, 4bet, fold to 3bet and fold to 4bet. How do I make sure I only get the information for these stats by the preflop game?

I think you are talking about the PT3 calculation of aggression.

Both HM and PT3 have aggression factor, and they are calculated the same.

HM has AggPct, and PT3 has AggFreq, and they are calculated differently.
AggPct(HM) = (Bets + Raises) / (Bets + Raises + Calls + Checks + Folds)
AggFreq(PT3) = (Bets + Raises) / (Bets + Raises + Calls + Folds)

The difference between the two is that one includes checks, and the other does not. That is why AggPct is lower than AggFreq. AggFreq as defined in PT3 is not available in HM. The tricky part for you, if you choose to use AggPct, will be to scale down your interpretation of the number.

Ajax
03-21-2010, 02:14 AM

I am almost certain that the stats you found are preflop-only stats. I will be interested to hear what support has to say about this, and very surprised if I am wrong.

morny
03-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Yes the 3bet/4bet stats only refer to preflop