PDA

View Full Version : Database change?

hld2010
03-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi! I'm new here :) So hello everyone!

My little problem is the following:

I just changed my screen name at Party Poker, and now Hold'em manager obviously takes my new screen name as a new player. Even though I only had less than 10k hands with my other screen name, I would like to have these hands as well for my analysis.

How can I solve this issue?

I was thinking on exporting hands as files and then run a script to replace -oldscreename- to -newscreenname-. Then re-import again to the database... But... Is there an easier way to do it? Like using the database management dialog? Or accessing the database somehow?

Thanks very much!

fozzy71
03-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Just join the 2 screen names with an alias.

The 'Player Alias' option is to connect 2 different poker site names together, under a new, unique Alias name. Before you can create an alias you want to be sure you can find your various site names. If you only play 1 site there is no need for an alias. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Player Name & Alias (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/33/Player+Name+%26+Alias+)

The 'Hero Names' option is to help the HUD know where you are sitting at the table.

Cash Games > Reports > Click 'Change' and search your Poker Site name. You can also click the Arrow and choose Player Search. Do not click the drop-down arrow. That opens a list of previously searched names.

hld2010
03-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Sweet! Thanks!