PDA

View Full Version : Question for SNG players?

ffrllc
03-19-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm starting to play more SNG's and wanted to ask what you guys use for your HUD set up.

I'm now using my regular 6max cash game HUD set up that only shows hands filtered by number of players at the table. I'm hoping there is a better way as I usually don't have a large enough sample size for it to be meaningful when players start being eliminated.

I'm talking about "Additional HUD Filters..." after you open "HUD Options" from the top menu in HEM.

Right now I have Filter for number of players set to:

# of Players Min Max
2 2 2
3 3 4
4 3 6
5 4 6
6 4 6
7 7 10
8 7 10
9 7 10
10 7 10

I know these need some changing from my 6max set up :)

When multitabling I really want to be able to get a basic feel from my HUD as to how tight or how aggressive a player is when it gets around the bubble and beyond.

Do you guys filter for number of players at the table?

What do you guys use for 9max SNG's?

Thanks

ffrllc
03-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Anyone?

battered
03-22-2010, 07:09 PM
just cos no one else has replied.

I used to, but dont any more.

On the players I play a lot against, I know their understanding of how to play late game, other players you dont have enough stats on them to filter any less.

The Minder
03-22-2010, 09:09 PM
First, you might like to look here http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/26537-calling-all-tournament-regs.html

Second, I really don't see the point in filtering for # players at a table in an SnG or MTT. For anything other than an STT the min number of players at a table will be 5 (for 9-max). Besides, this is a tourney and until you get ITM ppl play hands based on tourney strat, not cash or # players at a table strat.

Third, HM can't differentiate between the various tourney types, so unless you ONLY play one type of tourney (say, 2 table NLHE $5 buy in) then there is potential for villain data to be diluted. And, if you play rebuy or ante tournies, data will be seriously compromised. I'm still trying to figure out how DoN's screw things (stats) up.