PDA

View Full Version : postgreSQL 8.3 uninstall

NowOpen
03-18-2010, 02:58 AM
I have both pt3 and HEM trial versions installed on my pc. I am going to purchase the HEM license soon as the trial period expires. As such, I have uninstalled pt3 from my pc, but hesitant to uninstall the postgreSQL 8.3 associated with pt3 thinking that doing so might somehow affect my HEM and its database.

How do I go about uninstalling postgreSQL 8.3? I was thinking I'd do it from control panel, add/remove programs, but I want to make sure so I posted in this forum.

Thanks (in advance) for your help!

morny
03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi,

You shouldnt uninstall it as youll need it to run HM

NowOpen
03-18-2010, 05:32 PM
I need to clarify--

My PC has postgreSQL 8.4 that was installed together with Holdem Manager.
I also have postgreSQL 8.3 that was installed together with pt3.

Why would HM need postgreSQL8.3 (that was installed with pt3) when it was installed with its own postgreSQL8.4?

thanks!

fozzy71
03-18-2010, 09:41 PM
HM can (could have) ran using your previous 8.3 version. If you are sure HM is using the 8.4 version you can uninstall 8.3. It will not delete the \PostgreSQL\8.3\data folder where your old (PT3) database resides. If you are sure you do not need that data anymore you can manually browse to that folder and delete it after you uninstall from the control panel.

If you needed/wanted to reinstall your old PT3 database for any reason, you would need to reinstall PostgreSQL 8.3 over your old \data folder. If you saved your old \PokerTracker 3\Processed folder of original hands you shouldnt have any need for the 8.3 database. You can import the \Processed folder to make sure all those PT3 hands are now in HM. If you play a site like stars/ftp you can also email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.