PDA

View Full Version : Error Exporting Database

Pyro12345
03-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Problems with HEM but also with a bunch of programs on my PC. Reformatting.

I want to backup my database. I follow the instructions on your site. When I access the database list I see 2 databases, I export the first database entitled Hold Em Manager(which I check has all of my hands) to my flash drive. Because I like to double check, I reimported these hands into a BRAND NEW database.

Only about 1/3 of them were there...

I wonder what is going on so I try the second Database, entitled (poker database). This one also has all of my hands when I check. I export this to my database and it seems to have more files (the first had 183), but this time when it gets to 255 it stops and says Error Cannot Read Hand History Files something of that nature.

Please advise as soon as you can seeing as its tax season.

Pyro12345
03-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Just because I know you are going to ask for it

Windows Vista

Hold Em Manager 1.10.03.b

I play on poker stars, full tilt, cake, bodog, and absolute poker

Exact Message: there are two of them

First is Error reading data: The directory file cannot be created

when i click ok... there is another message...

Second is Error Occured Reading the Hand Histories: The directory or file cannot be created

please advise

morny
03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Do you get both these errors while importing?
I presume you exported the hands via the database control panel? please email the hands to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread

Pyro12345
03-18-2010, 01:24 PM
No I do not get these errors while importing

only while exporting to a flash drive

I cannot email the hands because I cannot access them. If I had all of the hands intact in one place this would not be an issue. Maybe I do not understand your request.

I followed the websites instructions

"database maintanece"

"select a database"

"export hands"

I hope I can get this figured out in the next 7 days

morny
03-18-2010, 02:08 PM
If you export to the hard drive instead of the flash drive does it still do this?

Pyro12345
03-18-2010, 02:18 PM
no it doesn't this is a good suggestion

however when i try to move the exported files to the flash drive i get the same error. this makes me think it has something to do with windows rather than HEM. currently I will try either saving all the HH's to my email or putting them on a cd. I will update this as things go ahead.

Thanks.

fozzy71
03-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Compress/Zip the files so they take up less space. They should be easier/quicker to transfer or backup then. You can uncompress/extract them later when necessary.

www.7zip.org - free and open-source

Install it, and then Right-Click the .ZIP file > 7Zip > Extract to "FolderName\" to decompress ZIP/RAR/7Z files. That will unzip it to a new folder, in the same directory, with the same name as the original zip file. You can use the same right-click menu after selecting/highlighting your exported hands folder and choosing one of the archive/compress options.

For your own use, when compressing things like hand history text files, use the default .7z compression, as it will compress at a much better rate.