PDA

View Full Version : Colapse/fusion data base??

jenkulle
03-17-2010, 07:06 PM
I have a couple of data base, is there a way to fusion all of them in one big db??

basicaly going from 6db --> 1 without having to export and then re-import all the hands because it takes a looong time when db are large

edit: even if it's an other program that does it with sql or wat ever I don't really know how all of that works sorry :S

thank you for ur hlep

fozzy71
03-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Your only option is to export/import or import all of the various original/archived hands from all of the DB's. HM only automatically archives original hands that are auto imported. Anything you ever used Import From Folder to import (datamined hands) won't be archived. Those need to be exported/imported if you dont have the original files.

jenkulle
03-18-2010, 12:52 AM
and is it something possible for the futur or it's technically impossible ??

_Loki_
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Do you have a HH archive set up & kept safe ? Do you have backups?

Supposing it was technically possible to combine your 6 DB's into one without export/import (I bet it's impossible though)...

You would have to backup your DB's anyway in case of failure before you started
You would still have to vacuum, analyse & defragment (perhaps a few times)
You would still have to backup your newly created single DB after that as well

Also your single DB would be larger & slower than any one of your 'old' DB's

You are better off shrinking each DB individually (get rid of old hands for example) as much as possible & exporting the HH's (& keeping copies of the HH's off your computer somewhere safe) & reimporting
The reimport might pick up a lot of duplicates which shrinks your DB even further

If you haven't got a second PC why not buy a cheap used laptop for $100 ? Some of the above could happen on one PC while you play poker on the other

you could export one DB each night while you sleep - lots of possibilities