PDA

View Full Version : ninja on dual monitors question

wykeekee
03-16-2010, 04:34 AM
Currently I have dual monitors set up...I'd find it more comfortable to play w/ mouse on the right monitor and the keyboard on my left monitor...is there anyway to set this up so where the table ninja only controls my left monitor only and even if I have the right monitor's table highlighted the keyboard wouldn't work on them?

Fool
03-16-2010, 06:49 AM
Although you see your monitors as being separate, divided by their housings, Windows actually sees them as one giant screen. Unfortunately there is no current way for Ninja to distinguish between the "two" parts of your screen.

Veteran68
03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Although you see your monitors as being separate, divided by their housings, Windows actually sees them as one giant screen. Unfortunately there is no current way for Ninja to distinguish between the "two" parts of your screen.
I think this could be done. The Win32 API contains all the device/display enumerations you should need to get information about each display. Once you know the location of the individual displays relative to the virtual desktop, then given the currently focused window or the current mouse pointer location, you should be able to easily determine where in the virtual desktop it is and act accordingly, no?

Fool
03-28-2010, 10:35 PM
I didn't say this was impossible only that there is no current way for Ninja to do this. This is an interesting feature request however and may find its way onto our to-do list at some point.