PDA

View Full Version : Dashes in names bug on AP/UB

parsifals
03-16-2010, 04:02 AM
hey guys.

a new reg playing at my stakes, whose name is - VARIANCE - is causing hud problems for me and other hem users on ub/ap.

he runs about 15/13 (vpip/pfr) but my hud displays him at 82/43. on every table he sits, the display for the previous 3 hands always has either 3 duplicates of him having won a pot, or the last 3 pots he's won, and once he's won at least one pot, no more hands other than those he plays will be displayed in the past 3 hands box. his stats also only display on some of the tables he's sitting, and not all of them.

i'm pretty sure it has something to do with the dashes in his name. i'm using the most recent update.

thank you guys for your time!

netsrak
03-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Please zip and mail some original handhistory files containing this user with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net

_Loki_
03-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Karsten - didn't you already get HH's off "Reg" re -VARIANCE- on UB ? Reg posted this 10th March:

There is a player on UB with the sn -VARIANCE- and whenever I sit with him, his stats only ever update when he wins a pot and the table stats never change.

It has to have something to do with his sn as it isn't happening at other tables where he isn't sitting.

Is there anyway to combat this please?

& you replied:

Please zip and mail some original handhistory files containing this player with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net

netsrak
03-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Wasn't sure about it and i didn't receive the Mail on my own but i hope a bug report for it was generated by my colleagues.

Just to give it more priority a 2nd email would help ;)

parsifals
03-16-2010, 02:52 PM
shipped!

parsifals
03-16-2010, 05:54 PM
oops... i completely overlooked the part about zipping up the file. i only sent one HH file (with multiple hands from a table like they're saved by UB). please let me know if you'd like me to zip that up and resend.

netsrak
03-17-2010, 04:58 AM
Should be ok, if not we will contact you via mail

parsifals
03-18-2010, 08:24 PM
i'm curious, what is the time frame on a fix/solution for this sort of thing?

it's difficult game selecting around him, not enough tables run on the site really. and while i don't mind playing without a hud very much, it's problematic when he's sitting on 5 of my 14 tables and i start making mistakes bc his tablemates' stats don't update, but often i don't notice and adjust in time.

netsrak
03-19-2010, 07:09 AM
Sorry, but can't give you an ETA for the fix. We will release an update soon but i'm not sure whether this issue is fixed. Depends on how muck work it is.

parsifals
03-22-2010, 12:25 PM
please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm) with the following:

1) The Table Manager
2) The tables where this happening and a report in HM showing hes actual stats
3) The ...handhistory\screenname folder.
4) The "\rvg software\holdem manager\importing\hud data" folder. I also need you to zip and email any files in this folder to me but please send them before stopping playing and close the tables.

Thanks
Morny
Holdem Manager Support

here is a screenshot of the original situation. as i replied in my email, HEM won't display this player's stats correctly even in the reports; i know his stats from speaking with pt3 users and because, frankly, it's easy to tell if someone is playing 80/40 vs 15/13.

it will take me some time to replicate the problem, as i've changed my playing schedule in order to avoid it. hopefully this screenshot will be helpful. thanks guys.

ProsperousOne
03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
dup issue cross post: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-bugs/27946-hud-hand-history-problem-particular-villain-name.html#post136281

madlion
04-29-2010, 03:24 AM
DIAWF - Varience -

ProsperousOne
04-29-2010, 08:36 AM
I assume this is internet slang for "Die in a water fall?"

BTW, have you checked out his graph????

Check the Redline vs. blue line...

All his winnings are from NSD, and he loses SD!!!

and his win rate is like at 10bb/100 over like 5K hands I think (not looking at db right now)...

Is this even possible?

Not sure if the data is bad due to the HM bug with his name or not.

He claims not to use a hud or poker sw. Possbile huge potential here vs. this player, except I just stopped playing at ub due to their shitty software and my bonus expiring....

Edit: Guess the graph explains his nic....

madlion
04-30-2010, 06:09 AM
He seems real standard, I think i'm gonna open an absolute account with something like this.

- iwineverypot -
- lol_stats -
- fatredline -
- ibrokeyourHEMhaha -

Any other suggestions?

ProsperousOne
04-30-2010, 07:36 AM
He seems real standard

Huh????

I've never seen a player who has NSD winnings greater than SD winnings, esp.

making any real money... of couse this is a small sample....

madlion
04-30-2010, 07:47 AM
I have not payed too much attention but my HUD shows him/her playing a 86ish/40ish maniac style which is false he/she appears more nit/taggy and certainly does not have a vpip higher that 30 that much i'm sure of.

So I am pretty much assuming the graph is wrong too.